Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I did something stupid...

Options
  • 11-11-2006 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

I'm after picking up my first car today (VW Polo '01) and when I parked it, I put the parking card (that all cars parking in my estate must have) on my dashboard. However, the card slid between the crack where the windscreen meets the dashboard.
    Where does this crack go to? Is there any way of getting this card back?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If possible remove the drivers or passengers side kick panel (the piece under the dash and above your knees/feet).
    You may be able to get at it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh dear :( That could be hard to retrive. If you are lucky it won't have dropped far and might be reachable with a thin blade of some sort which can lift it out.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If that "crack" by any chance should happen to be a vent rather than just an ill fitting dashboard (don't know what the polo looks like inside), you might try set your ventilator on demist and full power ...your card might just blow out.

long shot though ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

try hoovering it out with the narrow end on the hoover

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

clothes hanger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

explosives:D

sorry couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

peasant wrote:
    If that "crack" by any chance should happen to be a vent rather than just an ill fitting dashboard (don't know what the polo looks like inside), you might try set your ventilator on demist and full power ...your card might just blow out.

long shot though ....

I second this advice. Failing that, apply for a replacement card.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

In my Passat 'Pay and Display' tickets fall out of view but I can still flick them out using another ticket to flick them out. Sure it's too far gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

endplate wrote:
    explosives:D

You're only supposed to blow the bleedin doors off

Combination of fan and hoover ideas should do it...
    If not, its gone too far so forget about it and get a replacement

Advertisement