Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam O'Maonlaí

Options
  • 11-11-2006 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to get my hands on an album of modern Irish language music.. ideally with tracks such as Cathain by Liam Ó'Maonlaí and An Dreoilin (Kila I think..)

Can anyone tell me where on the net I might find such an album?

Also, If anyone can find the lyrics to his song "Cathain" I'd be grateful if you pointed me in the right direction. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 trad mad

hi trotter
    i have to say i'am not a big fan of irish songs, but claddagh records do have a large selection of all things irish! they have a shop in temple bar just behind the central bank, also they have a very good website, www.claddaghrecords.ie, check it out

hope ypu fiind what your looking for
    trad mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

trad mad wrote:
    hi trotter
    i have to say i'am not a big fan of irish songs, but claddagh records do have a large selection of all things irish! they have a shop in temple bar just behind the central bank, also they have a very good website, www.claddaghrecords.ie, check it out

hope ypu fiind what your looking for
    trad mad

Thanks! I've found a big chunk of what Im after on the Kila website. They do the same stuff as Gaeilge so Im going to invest in some Kila stuff I think. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭conordaniel

i think there was an album called "eist"?
    "songs in their own voice" or something to that effect
    i'd say 10 years ago

of course google answers all lifes questions!ha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

John spillane has a new album out, himself and Louis de Paor called the Gaelic Hit Factory, if you are interested in modern irish songs/poems - that's the one to get!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

loads on youtube

an dreoilin is the maimin cajun band

ceol 06-07 and 08 have loads of irish songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

Sorry to bring up a dead thread!

Does anyone know the name of a rave song on one of the Ceol (06, 07, 08, 09) cds? It starts off with "aon do trí ceathar" then a man says, i think, "sé do bheatha" and it kicks into a dance tune..

Help would be appreciated!

Advertisement