Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would I get a parking post?

Options
  • 11-11-2006 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello all,

am in pre-moving in to new apt shopping phase! Anyone know where I would get a parking post/ barrier for use to prevent others using my park space. As there is no visitor parking in the development and there will be competition for park spaces when everyone moves in, I want to protect my use of my own?

The following link shows the type of product I am looking for:

http://www.avonlion.com/avonlion/store/isokart_viewItem.asp?idProduct=58

I am looking for a reasonably priced, fix/bolt to the ground (without digging a hole) type lockable post. I could order from the uk but postage would be expensive and I would prefer if the supplier fitted it also...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The management company may not like such a device.

You can get them in a lot of the bigger DIY / hardware type places. A handyman should be able to fit it.

Putting up a "Reserved" sign might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Just to clarify... Is this parking space your own? I mean, does the apartment come with designated parking, or is it a case of first come first serve? If it's the latter then you won't be able to prevent anyone from using the space. If it's the former then you shouldn't really need anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tazdustdevil

Thanks for your responses Victor and Buttermilkjack but I was actually looking for specific information on where I can buy these (if anyone knows) and not general advice on whether I should install. Yes, I will be getting permission from the management company before I install one and Yes it will be my own parking space which is specified in my contracts. When parking is in short supply in developments and there is next to no visitor parking, there are ongoing problems with residents for example owning one space and having 2-3 cars. I would prefer to reserve my own space for my own peace of mind. This may seem overzealous but I don't wish to experience the stress that many other new apartment owners are having to deal with. Signs in my experience don't work and neither does posting notes on windscreens to say this is your space and then having nowhere to park yourself. These parking posts or barriers are widely used in other countries, I am hoping to get one here.

Anyone else got any contacts/ ideas?

Advertisement