Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help setting up d-link dwl-g510 on windows me

• 11-11-2006 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭

hi, my parents decided to get broadband and im stuck trying to get it working, i use a mac so i dont really have a clue what im doing,
    the computer is running windows me and the instructions for installing and making the adapter connect to the router are for windows xp.
    the supplied software for the adapter can see the router but i cant seem to connect to it? any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.
    the sooner the better cos im heading back to college tomorrow evening.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

i use a mac so i dont really have a clue what im doing,
    Quote of the week, that. I'm sure it'll rub some people the wrong way, but it made my day :D
    the computer is running windows me and the instructions for installing and making the adapter connect to the router are for windows xp.
    the supplied software for the adapter can see the router but i cant seem to connect to it?
    When you say that the adapter can see the router, do you mean that it sees the SSID? (The name that the router broadcasts).

Do you have encryption enabled on the router? WEP or WPA? Have you tried disabling encryption? (Just as a test, it wouldn't be a good idea to leave it disabled).

Is there anyone else connecting to the router wirelessly? Is the router using a "MAC address filter" to restrict who can connect to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

thanks for your help, i figured it out this morning, it was as you had said, it was a problem caused by me not setting up the wep keys right, everythings sorted now. working smoothly and protected. thanks for the help!:)

macs rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

thanks for your help, i figured it out this morning, it was as you had said, it was a problem caused by me not setting up the wep keys right, everythings sorted now. working smoothly and protected. thanks for the help!:)

macs rule
    Don't use WEP. Use WPA. You might as well not have WEP turned on for all the good it will do you.

Advertisement