Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Off Moonglade

Options
  • 11-11-2006 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

aquamarine.jpg

This is real. I just got this in my mailbox. I thought I had an 85s buyout but must have put the 85 in the wrong box. And someone bought it :eek:

Should I keep it or get in tough with the buyer. I haven't taken the money out of the mail yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Keep the money FFS omg I can't believe your actually thinking about giving it back. :D

In your case though (I'm assuming - Normal "bid" price BUT crazy BO price)- and what seems to becoming more common with the chiineese - the player looks at your "bid" price and sees something pretty low or "normal" for that object, and immediately click the buy-out button without looking at the actual BO price.

I remember once I put a Libram of Rapidity (I think it was - back when you needed them for ZG enchants) on the AH for an 850g buyout just for the craic to see if anyone would buy it out. Someone did. :)
    Back when everyone was twinking, I put Shadowfang on the AH for 425g again just for the craic. Someone bought it. :)
    I can go on if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I received 1000G before, I messaged the guy back and asked him why he sent it. he never replied, so after 2 weeks, I started to spend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Macros42 wrote:
    aquamarine.jpg

This is real. I just got this in my mailbox. I thought I had an 85s buyout but must have put the 85 in the wrong box. And someone bought it :eek:

Should I keep it or get in tough with the buyer. I haven't taken the money out of the mail yet.
    As harsh as it might seem, its not against the rules. Alot of people do it just to feck up Auctioneer and just on the slim off chance that someone will buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ivan wrote:
    As harsh as it might seem, its not against the rules. Alot of people do it just to feck up Auctioneer and just on the slim off chance that someone will buy it.

Yeah two guys on the Mazrigos server Jnny and Korrfu on the Alliance side have 99g buyout on all cloth types 24 hours a day.
    Obviously a scam attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i jsut started back playing wow a few days ago, but months ago i was regularly selling silk cloth stacks for 60-70g

put up 3 stacks 70s buyout, then 1 stack 70g bo, then 3 more stacks 70s bo.

people will bo the lot and i will laugh!

edit: oh, keep the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'd be with the OP about giving it back (i wouldnt i dont think but id consider it).
    I hate scammers. They ruin little old granny's pension fund (you know the ones who send ya the "i have a problem, i got a bazillion dollars that are mine but cat get at it without your 2k for legal fees) and people that do it in wow are no better (although its slightly different). Praying on the stupid of people who should know better.

If i ever see someone that is doing that, i purposely try not to buy their stuff.
    Maybe im too nice? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well in fairness, the buyer had enough money to spend on that, so what's the problem. The OP didn't trick them into buying it. Keep the money, it's yours out of good salesmanship! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

OOooo nice i wish things like that happened to me more often :D

Advertisement