Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unbeleivably itchy piercing!!!

• 12-11-2006 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

i got an orbital today (and a rim piercing thing) but its really really itchy and i cant think what to do!
    can anyone help!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

What are you cleaning it with, and what kind of jewellery do you have in?
    It will itch a bit as it heals alright, especially when you get some dried lymph building up in between soakings.
    Your cleaning routine and the metal in it will have massive effect on the healing process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

i use salt water on a q-tip twice a day to get off any crusties and salt water soaks every few days, incase of trapped fluid or stubborn crusties.

as for jewlery, its metal of some sort (not sure what exactly but im pretty sure its what is in my other piercings, as they were all done in the same place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

the metal is titainium if you got it done in an anyway reputable place.

As long as your cleaning properly itching is good. Means it healing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

!_Brian_! wrote:
    the metal is titainium if you got it done in an anyway reputable place.

As long as your cleaning properly itching is good. Means it healing.

i got it done in body shock. so i guess its titainium.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

Yup, it's titanium. They don't use ****e metals in there.

After all this talk though, I went and had one of my rim piercings redone last night. I look forward to the itchiness ahead :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement