Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Giant UK ?

Options
  • 12-11-2006 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Anyone use this crowd for purchasing and importing ? http://www.cargiant.ie/default_ie.asp

For those of you that did, what flight did you get and what ferry ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

They tell you everything you need to know in the "journey planner" section of the site. Its almost as cheap to go up to the north and bring one in from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Has anyone actually used them ? Quality ? Can one trust their 114 point check ?

Any recommended sites for up North ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Just had a quick look at their site for the car I'm 99% certain of going to UK to get next year (Mazda 6 Estate TS2, 2.0 petrol, preferably with leather). They had only 3 Mazda 6 estates, none with leather but the one they had was priced well. They have a 2.3 Auto AWD with leather in TS2 spec, but I'd rather opt for the 2.0 litre petrol, but wouldn't rule it out as I will need to do a bit of boat towing.

But the fact they are in London, makes the flights easy to get at cheap prices and you can always arrange to see other cars aswell in the area if you stay for a few days.

How are they for bargaining?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Lex Luthor wrote:
    How are they for bargaining?

I havn't dealt with them myself, but from what I'm told, the price you see is the price you pay! Not even £100 knocked off! There is also a £71 administration charge for all second hand cars and a £25 handling charge if you pay in cash over £5000! Add in airfares + ferry.

As regards their prices, the cheapest '03 Zafira 1.6i Club is listed at £5499 in a poxy colour with 43,000 miles on the clock, yesterday I bought a '03 Zafira 1.6i Club in Metallic Burgandy with 22,000 miles (FVSH) from a dealer in the north and paid him £5,200! transferred my insurance and drove it home... (found it in the Autotrader)

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement