Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving from Three to Meteor

• 12-11-2006 3:05am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I've been on Three for a year now and due to circumstances, Meteor now better suits my needs

However here I am with a Nokia 6680, now "should" I be able to get this unlocked, will I be able to use it on Meteor?

I was going to move from billpay to 3Pay but reading through T&C's it would appear that credit expires after 30 day period and besides the call costs are nothing great when compared with Meteor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

You'll be able to use it on GSM with Meteor "when" you get it unlocked.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I have a Vodafone 6680 that I got unlocked and I'm using it on Meteor without any serious problems.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I take it I'd be much better of flashing it with generic firmware rather then sticking with 3's firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Due to my unfortunately bad experiences with Meteor, I would recommend moving to O2 speakeasy instead. It works out cheaper as well, as O2 do a lot of special offers, like nominating 3 friend for 1c calls, 1c weekend calls and texts, things like that. Not to mention better and more affordable roaming (still not as good as Vodafone Passport, but an improvement compared to Meteor)!

Finally, O2 have a 3G network that they will launch for Speakeasy soon, so you'll be able to utilise the 3G features of the phone, whereas Meteor only has 2G for now and it will take some time before they go 3G or have any decent coverage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mainly looking at call charges, gf has a Meteor phone and uses free txt';s to a meteor phone I have but I'd like to move my main phone to meteor for the 5c meteor calls and then maybe use a txt bundle for 5c to any network charges.

Would work out the most cost affective for me I believe, while I'll miss 3G net access for e-mail etc I think the cost saving is worth it.

Used to be with O2 for years but didn't think it was the best value

Not really too pushed about roaming to be honest, I can live without my phone when I got on holidays...get some peace and quiet :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement