Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Piece

• 12-11-2006 3:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This is my first new thread in this section, so please excuse any stupid questions.

I'm thinking of getting a back piece, and I wanted to get some advice. I was thinking of getting a tribal design, interspersed with piercings. There is an ad for Studio 18 currently doing the rounds in Tattoo magazine etc., and I would like to get a somewhat more masculine version of the tattoo in the picture.

I'm looking for ideas for the design and/or an artist in either Dublin or London who will do a good job of such a piece. Any ideas? I'd really appreciate the advice.

Also, since I mentioned the piercings, I was looking for advice as to which back piercings would heal. I don't want two get my nape pierced at the moment, for job reasons etc., but I was thinking of getting three surface bars in a row, one above the other, between my shoulder blades. Anyone had experience with such piercings?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

The back is so mobile a part of you its near impossible to get a surface piercing to last longer then 6 months there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Professor_Fink

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I don't want many, bassically three horizontal surface bars one above the other, fairly closely spaced along my spine. Ideally I wanted them just below my nape, which isn't as mobile as other places, and I would have thought not that much less likely to heal than a nape piercing.

Once you move off the cervical vertabrae onto the thorassic ones your pretty much ****ed for surface work on the spine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Professor_Fink

Hmmm... Thanks for the advice. I'll have to think some more about that.

Either way, the tattoo is really what I'm after. Any advice there?

The italians above cafe eyre in temple bar are the best at tribal work in dublin imo. Pricey but every piece i've seen from them has been top quaility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Agreed there. they're pretty deadly!!

piercing wise. Anything along that line would be up to Rob in snakebite or, my personal favourite, Mark in celestial in the green.

Hvae a good chat with both of them boys and then decide. but as emmet said, surface on your back is
    1) a bitch to heal... Sleeping's not fun :(
    2) Won't last and leaves nasty scars.

But gettin yer back pierced is fun!!

Good Luck!
    xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cheshire_Grin

Anything along that line would be up to Rob in snakebite or, my personal favourite, Mark in celestial in the green.

Oh my god! Mark is my absolute favourite too, what a legend. I do not let anyone else in Celestial Ring pierce me now. Why bother when I get discounts and proper work done?

He's great for a bitch or a chat too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 InkChick

Oh my god! Mark is my absolute favourite too, what a legend. I do not let anyone else in Celestial Ring pierce me now. Why bother when I get discounts and proper work done?

He's great for a bitch or a chat too!

are you suggesting that any of the other 5 piercers in C.R don't do "proper work"? Have you been pierced by all 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

in regard to back piercings maybe microdermals would work well? just a thought.

hmm inkchick do you work in celestial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I was thinking the same thing too, Wilburt.

I think that he/she is just saying that Mark is his/her favourite piercer in there.
    Same as here.
    I'd prefer Mark to pierce me over anyone else there.
    Fair enough, I wouldn't mind being pierced by any of the other piercers, I've just built up a good rapport with Mark in recent times and I've been more than happy with the work that he's done for me.

There's nothing wrong with having a preferance to who sticks a needle through your skin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement