Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb and BT dsl problems anyone?

Options
  • 12-11-2006 10:35am

I thought it was just me.
    I'm having a wierd problem this morning.

Boards is working and only one or two other sites.

Everything else times out.

I'm on Digiweb on the Arklow exchange and the exact same thing is happening on BT.
    It's not firewall related.
    Whats causing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tomsav

If www.amazon.com is working and www.microsoft.com is not then its the same problem I'm having in Kildare with UTV

neither of those are working

Dial up type speeds getting through to boards aswell.

Google wont work either

If I try to ping boards or any site including google-the request times out :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

tomsav wrote:
    If www.amazon.com is working and www.microsoft.com is not then its the same problem I'm having in Kildare with UTV

Both those sites are working here in Kildare on Digiweb DSL, I'm using the Open DNS servers though. I have found the digiweb ones to be erratic at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Tristrame wrote:
    neither of those are working

Dial up type speeds getting through to boards aswell.

Google wont work either

If I try to ping boards or any site including google-the request times out :confused:

Are you over your utilization limits? It happened a few weeks back to me. Digiweb now monitor usage and will choke anyone who goes over their limit.

What are these open dns servers?
    By erratic do you mean sometimes on digiweb theres a lag when connecting to a site?

Because thats what happens here since I joined them.

Digiweb told me that was normal :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote:
    Are you over your utilization limits? It happened a few weeks back to me. Digiweb now monitor usage and will choke anyone who goes over their limit.
    Nope.
    4 eps of lost in the last month on their 3mb package-thats a long way off the 40 gig allowance

Tristrame wrote:
    What are these open dns servers?
    By erratic do you mean sometimes on digiweb theres a lag when connecting to a site?

Because thats what happens here since I joined them.

Digiweb told me that was normal :rolleyes:

Yeah I had the lag problem, it's hard to say its gone completely but it only takes a few minutes to change over so I would reckon it's well worth a try.

If you can't open the open DNS site to find the instructions, their DNS servers are

Advertisement