Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will this computer perform with games..??

Options
  • 12-11-2006 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

just wondering how wil lthis run games because i see benchmarks for the higher end computers with 7950gx2's E6800 processors and 2 gigs of top quality ram at 1600x 1200 res and they seem to run high demanding games very well..but was just wondering what my upcoming computer would be like running demanding games..i nkow it may be able to play the high end games but at what settings,fps and resolution..

A E6600 core2 duo processor

1 gb or corsair value ram 4200

either a 7950gt 256mb http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=325487
    or a x1950xt 256mb http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=327135

the monitor is capable up to 1440 x 900 resolution which i would like to run games at but im not sure if im dreaming.. :rolleyes: ..it has a 8ms reponse..

and then just your average 320gb hd,case,450 psu,and i think one of the cheapest mainboards ya can get for the core2duo..:o here http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=324365

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Didn't we cover this already in the building forum if you had any more questions you could have posted in their instead of starting another thread.

The people you see with 7950GX2/1950XT/8800GTX cards are people who run games at extremely high resolutions with all options set to the max with high levels of AA & AF added into the mix.

1440x900 is not a demanding resolution the 7950GT will handle games with ease and you will more than likely be able to handle all games at high details settings (not factoring AA into the equation but it depends on the type of game).

If you want something with a few extra features this €300 7950GT might be worth it, no fan passive cooling, HDCP support for HD-DVD/Blu-ray movies, 512MB of RAM (not that it makes a huge difference but doesn't hurt either).

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

sorry bout that man..but this is different type of question..this one is about the gfx gameplay part..and the other one was about building the computer itself..but yeah im sorry bout that..i could have put it in there..but here it would be seen by more people with different comments..so i get to see a wider rang eof stuff..
    The people you see with 7950GX2/1950XT/8800GTX cards are people who run games at extremely high resolutions with all options set to the max with high levels of AA & AF added into the mix.

1440x900 is not a demanding resolution the 7950GT will handle games with ease and you will more than likely be able to handle all games at high details settings (not factoring AA into the equation but it depends on the type of game).

thanks for that..that explained alot to me..and now i feel a little bit betetr about what ill be able to do with games..:D

the main card that id like to get at the moment is the X1950XT ..from a few benchmarks ive been looking at it beats the 7950gt 512 version never mind the 256 that im thinking of buying..which i think is due to the higher speeds..im not really worryed about noise...and i dont think higher amount of ram would make that much a difference as you said..i do like the hdcp support doh..but i dont think itll be enough to change my mind because im on a budget as well..and im well over it already.. :(

thanks for the comments m8..:D

Advertisement