Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT Calculation on Revenue.ie

Options
  • 12-11-2006 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to calulate the VRT on 2 cars this morning on Revenue.ie I'm certain the Open Market Selling Price is above the actual selling price. For example, the OMSP on a 02 BMW 525d SE is €35536. They are selling way below that price from dealers around the country. I spotted a few on carzone ranging from €27000 to €30000 and that's including the dealers commission. Surely the Revenue site is wrong??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

bbability wrote:
    I've been trying to calulate the VRT on 2 cars this morning on Revenue.ie I'm certain the Open Market Selling Price is above the actual selling price. For example, the OMSP on a 02 BMW 525d SE is €35536. They are selling way below that price from dealers around the country. I spotted a few on carzone ranging from €27000 to €30000 and that's including the dealers commission. Surely the Revenue site is wrong??
    You should see what differences you are getting on ROS between standard and SE spec.

Edit:
    Just tried same, seems to be approx EUR1500 (SE V STD) & EUR1000 (Auto v Manual).

Best to give them a call to clarify, if prices are on the high side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

That site picks numbers out of the air, I'm convinced of it.....

I put in the details of a car I'm interested in yesterday and it came in at 5,500VRT. But I'll not be going over for 3 months, so I put the date of first registration back by 3 months to make the car on the system 3 months older and it was 5,650....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Lex Luthor wrote:
    That site picks numbers out of the air, I'm convinced of it.....

I put in the details of a car I'm interested in yesterday and it came in at 5,500VRT. But I'll not be going over for 3 months, so I put the date of first registration back by 3 months to make the car on the system 3 months older and it was 5,650....:confused:

Ha and I thought I was going mad. You'd think with the amountof people heading across the pond to buy a car that they would keep it up to date and make it a bit more user friendly. It could do with an upgrade if you ask me. The only positive thing to take away is I won't be paying €10000 vrt going on their figures. It will be more like 8g's:D YYYYEEEEEEPPPPPPPPIIIIIEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

You could always appeal the figure and provide examples using carzone/cbg/autotrader that their quote OMV is incorrect...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

There are other cars that seem to be less than they should be - A 1997 911 they say has OMSP of 36,000 I have not seen one on sale for less than 50,000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

From what ive seen most seem to be on the low side to be fair.

Advertisement