Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Network Bollix

• 12-11-2006 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Is anyone else as annoyed as myself by the new call credit alerts on O2? Previously, when the balance reached roundabouts 3.50, the message woud play before making a call stating this. However, if you didnt want to hear it, you could just press any button, skip the message and go straight to your call. Now when it hits this mark, the message plays, you cant skip it, and t plays for your next 3 calls, but not afterwards. Meaning that if I make one call Im told my balance is 3.50, the next call im told its 3.20, the next call Im told its 3 euro, and then no more alerts. Meaning I make a few more calls/texts and forget what my balance is, then next thing you know its approaching midnight, I fancy getting a pizza in and Ive no feckin credit! Honestly, what gob****e decided to change what was a perfectly grand system? Id be tempted to switch networks only O2 really are the best value. Anyone else raging about this ****e?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Defnitely a pet hate of mine, also theres the fact that there website is down more than its up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Yeah I also hate them talking machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

shane86 wrote:
    However, if you didnt want to hear it, you could just press any button, skip the message and go straight to your call.
    You mean all those times I've waited listening to the message I could've skipped it? Why am I only learning this now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Damnit, I just changed to O2 over the summer and ever since I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Should've stuck to Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I knew something was up when I discovered her voice had suddenly changed. It's incredibly annoying when I'm ringing someone in a hurry. There should definitely be an option to change it.
    Damnit, I just changed to O2 over the summer and ever since I've heard nothing but bad things about it. Should've stuck to Vodafone

If you don't rely on webtexts at times then it's fine :)

• Advertisement

shane86 wrote:
    forget what my balance is, then next thing you know its approaching midnight, I fancy getting a pizza in and Ive no feckin credit!
    Oh noes it's the end of the world...
    not a lack of pizza?!
    try remembering it next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Pretty much like boards.ie the user friendlness of the network has declined a bit I find. Poorer signals, busier network etc. Ive been trying since 11am to call a mate, it keeps saying the network is busy. None of the networks are perfect. Vdoafone are pricey, and as for Meteor, at least two of my mates who are on that have a problem whereby when I ring them it sounds like someone has picked up the phone, you say hello but all you can hear is the echo of your own voice, you have to hang up and call them again to get through. Happens occasionally n one mates phone and about 50% of the time on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

bluewolf wrote:
    Oh noes it's the end of the world...
    not a lack of pizza?!
    try remembering it next time

Seconded!

I'd have thought it would be more annoying to have that message play every time you try to make a call!

Besides meteor are far cheaper than O2 and Vodafone. I've been with them for years and I've never had a problem with them!

vodafone're the only ones with signal out where I live so I'm on vodafone
    I think they're good but they could be a little cheaper =/
    Pretty much like boards.ie the user friendlness of the network has declined a bit I find.
    I'm sorry, I didn't realise having no pizza and having minor amnesia was a crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Firstly, get onto O2 about your concerns with the website and the credit thing and have those concerns sent to the relevent dept. If people don't complain nothings going to change.

As for the credit - that used to really annoy me when I was on Vodafone RTG though .. moved to O2 billpay now though, so not really experienced it much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I've been with O2 for years and the only problems I've had are the website change. It's too slow and for me only seems to work properly in internet explorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

I hate how they changed it, "don't fix something unless it's broke"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

O2 changed the way they did their reminder messages based on customer feedback actually. I don't work for o2 but over the summer I was working doing market research with the company that does all o2's customer surveys. One of the surveys they did was about that message... Questions were things like how often would you like to hear the message, how much credit should you have when you first hear it, would you like to hear it when down to your last euro, should it be played for every call. Pretty much every aspect of the message was covered, all sent back to o2 and they acted on it. I think it was 400ish calls.

From working in that job I have to say I'm impressed with how much o2 actually do listen to their customers e.g. the 1c calls and texts continued because they were repeatedly given as an answer to something o2 had done that made you happy, why o2 is better value than other networks. Other things such as new price plans, what extras to give away with speakeasy phones were also put to customers before being announced.

So say yes to o2 surveys if you're called and you get to have your say. I'm with them myself and I never have any problems with them... given the amount of time I spend on the phone to my bf at weekends they save us both a small fortune :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

In all fairness, I fail to see how O2 still exists?
    Three(3) is nearly doing better an it's only about 9months old...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

One of the many reasons I just ditched O2 and went for meteor....I'll forgive them for their sh*te ads since they have cheap phones, cheap calls and good practices for their network (bar their high data call rates)

The only good thing I found about O2 was their CS.
    Their website changeover was the last straw for me...went bilpay with meteor and never been happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I like O2, despite paying them 250 a month :):) I happily pay it just for their customer service alone!!

Vodafone - i hate them. Was with them for years on ready to go before changing to bill pay. after a couple of months i realised i hadnt recieved a bill and called them and they said i owed them a 1000 that i hadnt paid my last two bills and a new one was out now. They had been sendign them to the wrong address and never called me.

I said they would have to give me time as it was their error sending it to the wrong address, when i had signed up for a bill phone they took all my details. They wouldnt give me time to pay it and more or less said it was my own fault that i should have called up to look for my bill!! Granted some people would be curious but it was my first bill phone!!

They sent it on to a debt collector and i had to come to an agreement with them (not vodafone) so that i would not be blacklisted with the credit bureau. Needless to say i would never go back to them.

Have been with O2 for a few years now and they are brilliant at sorting out problems ASAP. Although i was annoyed that the website is down yet again and i have no access to my emails for 2 days, this happens all the time - how many times can they upgrade!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

shane86 wrote:
    Meaning that if I make one call Im told my balance is 3.50, the next call im told its 3.20, the next call Im told its 3 euro, and then no more alerts. Meaning I make a few more calls/texts and forget what my balance is
    So you do not get the credit when it asks you to and then complain that you yourself forget. Maybe your mammy can help you remember?

Another example of "western world problem".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hey trinity1; do you have the phone surgically implanted in your ear or what? That's one hell of a lot of money to be forking out on calls ...if you spend that much there are probably much better deals to be had out there for minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah meteor doesn't need to remind its' customers that they're running out of credit and i get on just fine without a magic voice telling me...

Wertz wrote:
    Hey trinity1; do you have the phone surgically implanted in your ear or what? That's one hell of a lot of money to be forking out on calls ...if you spend that much there are probably much better deals to be had out there for minutes...

Well its mostly on texts - i rarely make phone calls. I lose about 1000 minutes a month, they only carry over so many but unfortunately i think i am stuck on that package (contract) for a while now. Its still less than i spent on credit though its just harder forking out in the lump!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ItsJusMe

Been with o2 for nearly 8 years now,, and problems are very rare. . . .

The credit announcement has been changed again so ya can skip the BS instead

of listening to it. . . .

But,, yea it still only "alerts" ya 3 times about your credit balance. . . .

Then again,, if your credit goes below 3 euro then go and top the damn thing up

and don't be such a skin-flint!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Trinity1 wrote:
    Well its mostly on texts - i rarely make phone calls. I lose about 1000 minutes a month, they only carry over so many but unfortunately i think i am stuck on that package (contract) for a while now. Its still less than i spent on credit though its just harder forking out in the lump!!

You spend 250 euro a month on text messages???? :eek: Move to meteor! At least you'd have free meteor to meteor texts and the price of text messages is cheaper anyway. It's 9c per text with meteor and 11c with o2 (I think).

I text alot myself and thank god for meteor! Can't imagine how much i'd be paying on my bill if text messages weren't free!

takola wrote:
    You spend 250 euro a month on text messages???? :eek: Move to meteor! At least you'd have free meteor to meteor texts and the price of text messages is cheaper anyway. It's 9c per text with meteor and 11c with o2 (I think).

I text alot myself and thank god for meteor! Can't imagine how much i'd be paying on my bill if text messages weren't free!

I cant change i signed a contract and have had 2 upgrades since last November!

Anyway my sister is on meteor and never has a signal and calls always dropping.

I dont spend 250 on texts my flat rate is 120 per month, that includes 1250 texts and i think 1000 call time minutes. I never use the minutes but am charged extra for any texts after 1250.

i actually got bill down to 220 this month!

bluewolf- a lack of something to eat before kipping is actually not all that nice. This isnt the first of my posts today that you have decided to deride (in fact its at least the third). I dont know if you know me in real life and dont like me, or if your just on the blob or whatever but feckin relax! Christ.

Biko- it tells you 3 times in quick succession, and then doesnt tell you again. Id think its rather easy to forget or spend too much time on the phone without thinking.

Its now skippable again ItsJustMe? Grand job so :) Bill Clinton was right- if you moan and whine about something long enough you get what you want.

"Thats a pretty lousy lesson"
    "Hey, Im a pretty lousy president!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was with O2 there once...never again. Signed up from vodafone, a few months later the phone broke and they said it'd be bac kwithin two weeks. Ok I thought, can live with that. 7 weeks later and I still hadnt got it. After a few weeks I asked for a replacement for the time being, then was told its €50, so I walked outta the shop. Asked them for my unblocking code to switch back to Vodafone, said it'd be posted out to me within 3 working days, two weeks later I had to call up looking for it. I was standing outside a Vodafone shop when I called for it, so within 5 minutes it was all fixed.
    Last week, went to unblock the phone to switch network again, Vodafone to Meteor this time, I called up, and he gave it to me immediately, only was question was what reason for it? Nothing else, just respected my decision and left it at that. Since switching to meteor, on Friday, Iv sent about 100 texts, and not even spent €2. So I hate O2 passionately. The only thing I dont like about Vodafone is their prices, mainly cos most of my friends are on Meteor so the free Vodafone-to-Vodafone texts and calls(even on RTG), doesnt apply too much.

P.S. I was looking at my account thing for Meteor, and it showed the calls and texts Id made, the texts were only bein charged 7cent. found that weird but cool. By the end of next week, I'll have saved €40 on credit maybe:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Trinity1 wrote:
    Vodafone - i hate them. Was with them for years on ready to go before changing to bill pay. after a couple of months i realised i hadnt recieved a bill and called them and they said i owed them a 1000

:eek:

Thats an awful, awful lot of texts!And I thought I was bad going through ~€70/80 per month (was probably a fair bit more before Vodafone brought in the 100% extra free)!

Still on Vodafone though I've said many times that in the past that I'm changing.

Shane: Is there no O2 equivalent of *174#? i.e a code that brings your displays your credit balance? Any time I know I'm running low on credit, I use that to check after I've made a call or sent a few texts...just to keep an eye on it I suppose. I hate running out of credit and only realising it when it cuts your call, which has happened at some pretty funny times in the past!

Oh and don't mind Bluewolf, shes always like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Isnt the O2 equivalent *100#

There is rb, but at about 20 cent per minute/per text to 087 and 085 numbers 3.50 of credit can disappear within a few minutes if you are in a bit of a text convo or if you ring one of your mates for what seems like a rather short call.

I probably spend about 12 per week on the phone, I keep it down by only making daytime calls if absoloutely necessary (besides that I can usually use a phone in work for free). My friend, who has the pay as you go pack that has the off peak rate during the day and the 50 odd cent a minute after 6pm (he often works nights so it was the better option for him), got offered by O2 recently where, while these would be the standard rates, he coud put 3 O2 numbers on a system where he only pays 12 cent per minute to call those numbers regardless of the time of day. Reward for being a "loyal customer" they said.

Feckin prick, Ive been with them 6 odd years now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@mushy - they have a new swapout service now for faulty phones .. swapped out on the spot in most cases! I think Three have recently gotten rid of this service so O2 is the only one? That impressed me.

@trinity1 - have you looked at the O2 text life plan or the Text800 bundle if you're sending so many texts? Ring them up, they're usually pretty good and will run through your account and usage with you.

@rb_ie - type *100# to get your balance

Their website is a sham though, it's too dam slow and the My Account section is down FAR FAR too often.

O2 is getting better, but they could be doing a lot more much faster imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Yeah it's such a pain in the ass, and the web texts aren't working at the mo. 1c calls and texts are good though

Advertisement