Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading ME to XP HELP

• 12-11-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭

hey dont know much about the workings of pc systems but can i upgrade my windows ME with XP and will it then be like buying a new pc (able to do stuff i get rejected for coz im a ME not a XP for example)?

If i upgrade to XP, how long will it take? will it wipe my pc? or do anything major i should know about b4 i do it?

Can any1 answer these q's as i was hoping to do it 2day if the answers are what i am hoping for.........Thanx 4 the help

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Depends on what PC you have
    Depends on what you want to run

XP will probably be slower, if you don't have enough ram it will be signifigantly slower.

A bit of info on the PC and what you hope it to do would help.
    Computer speeds go up by a factor of ten every five years, so if the machine was shipped with ME chances are it would WALK XP, not RUN it.

What make / model

In help about - how much memory , free hard drive space , what processor PII or PIII ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

P3
    hard drive is 20g with bout 2.5g free

if it wont be fast then ill just leave it. Prob buy a new pc when vista comes out anyway thanx 4 the help though.
    U can delete/lock/close thread if u want

Advertisement