Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead pixel Line with Rock laptop

• 12-11-2006 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

About 2 months ago i got my laptop back from repairs from Rockdirect. There was some many problems but they replaced the motherboard and everything seemed fine.

Now i have a single line running top to bottom of the screen. Someone on their forums said it could be fixed my "massaging the screen". I am not sure what this is or how to do it. Someone else said that I could have a problem with the electrical connection to the screen. any advise would be appreciated. Last time i sent this back to Rock it took 3 weeks to fix and 120euro to send back to them.

Im having troubling trying to upload a screenshot, but the pic is 58KB and jpeg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭marktsang

if they have damaged your screen while repairing other faults they should really pay for the repairs and shipping - was it sent back to you with the line of dead pixels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Dylan_James

No it wasnt sent back to me with a dead line, that was about 2months ago, but since i have got it back it hasnt been moved from my desk.

The problem is with Rockdirect they only deliver and pickup within the UK. So living here you need to organise the pickup from your place and they will send it back to you when its done in repairs at their cost.

I have a friend who is good at engineering so i might get him to look at it but with this time of the year, i would have to wait till after christmas to send this back to them.

Advertisement