Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cork to dublin at night, zero petrol!

Options
  • 12-11-2006 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

i was driving to dublin last night from cork, and was astonished to find absolutely zero filling stations until i got to like the naas road.

WTF!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There is a 24 hour station in Portlaoise up by the hospital. I agree its a crazy situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

No profits to be had from petrol anymore due to our thieving government and the fact that 24 hour filling stations are wide open to be robbed by thieving scumbags, its a sorry state of affairs alright. I know that in the U.K. they have petrol pumps there that you can pay for your petrol with a credit card without any assistance from a cashier, you just swipe the card at the pump etc., and thats it. It might be an idea for some garages to start doing this here. As with nearly everything else here lately, service is a thing of the past, just look at Eircom 1901 or try reporting a fault to the ESB, its a sorry state alright.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what about the AppleGreen in Urlingford? Surprised they were closed.

It closes at 10pm. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

you just swipe the card at the pump
    Tesco here do this, can't your clubcard points this way :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

On the continent where credit cards aren't so popular, you just pop a note in the machine and the pump cuts out when you reach that amount. Supprised they aren't used here.

In the US you can use credit card on the pump, like in phones and stuff here.

Gatster wrote:
    Tesco here do this, can't your clubcard points this way :rolleyes:
    Yes you can, you insert the clubcard first I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Bond-007 wrote:
    There is a 24 hour station in Portlaoise up by the hospital. I agree its a crazy situation.

The Texaco is knocked now.
    There are 2 other 24hr stations now - 1 is the statoil close to the garda station and 1 is a campus on the mountmellick road...

Didn't know that Texaco is gone. Handy that there are still 2 in the town.

I also just remembered there is a 24 hr statoil in Thurles. A 5 mile detour off the N8.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

junkyard wrote:
    in the U.K. they have petrol pumps there that you can pay for your petrol with a credit card without any assistance from a cashier, you just swipe the card at the pump etc., and thats it. It might be an idea for some garages to start doing this here(
    They have junkyard - up here in the smoke. Don't you have them in Cork? I thought yous had it all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Hey - With a thread title like that, I thought that you had come up with a solution to the world's energy needs!!! ;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

On the continent where credit cards aren't so popular, you just pop a note in the machine and the pump cuts out when you reach that amount. Supprised they aren't used here.

Cue enterprising scumbag(s) and some form of stolen digger a lá ATM robberies...
    The free petrol is just a bonus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

They have junkyard - up here in the smoke. Don't you have them in Cork? I thought yous had it all! :D

You are joking....we pay the same taxes but we don't have the same services ye have in Dublin, D.A.R.T., Luas and decent roads. We're still fighting for survival down here ffs.:rolleyes:

Advertisement