Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games from USA for PSP (and GBA)

• 12-11-2006 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quickie and knowing my luck its been asked 100 times before so apologies.

Will PSP games bought in America work on the PSP consoles here?
    A little off topic but the same question in relation to GBA games.

I have a daughter over there and she wants to post a few of them home for her 2 young brothers so any advice would be most welcome as I haven't a clue about these things

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

The PSP games from the US will work on the consoles over here, it's just the UMD movies that are region protected.

As for the GBA I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks richie.

Thats one half of the problem solved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

muffler wrote:
    Thanks richie.

Thats one half of the problem solved

I know it's not exactly answering your question but......

I know that the old game boy colour games were region free. And currently, DS games are region free. So it would seem vaguely logical, that the game boy advance, in between those two consoles would be region free too.

Lol, sorry I know that's kind of weak. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Shouldn't have any problems with GBA games.

Although our kids GBA SPs are US models, we have US, Japan and EU version games.

All work without problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I get most of my games in the US - got my PSP in Japan. All games have played with no problems, but I've not been able to play against other people who have the European versions.

hth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think its fairly safe to assume that the US games will work here then so.

If they dont watch out for cheap games on adverts.ie in January :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭the-lad

they will definitly work all are gba games and consoles are region free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

tbh wrote:
    I get most of my games in the US - got my PSP in Japan. All games have played with no problems, but I've not been able to play against other people who have the European versions.

hth.

That's strange, I got my PSP in the states and I can play against european versions no problem. Maybe its just with the Japanese version.

Advertisement