Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIT Postgrad Diploma in Legal Studies

• 12-11-2006 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey,

Im thinking of doing the postgrad in Law and was wondering if anyone knows how hard it is to get into. Im in my final year of Arts, English adn History and I am also doing a Legal Sec diploma which I shold have fininished before I apply also if anyone has any ideas on how Id go about getting some work experience Id be really greatful !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

JMGal wrote:
    Hey,

Im thinking of doing the postgrad in Law and was wondering if anyone knows how hard it is to get into. Im in my final year of Arts, English adn History and I am also doing a Legal Sec diploma which I shold have fininished before I apply also if anyone has any ideas on how Id go about getting some work experience Id be really greatful !!

Doing it myself at the moment. Great course. Foxy Constitutional Law lecturer who knows her subject, great lecturers for subjects like Constitutional, Criminal, Tort, and EU law. IThe requiremnt is a 2 : 2 undergraduate degree. I applied in late July 2006 and got in, which was really lucky. I wouldnt advocte you waiting so long, I just happened to be lucky. No legal skills required, you get a course in Core Legal skills which is useful. I have four essays this term and three next which is a bit of a bummer. Only drawback is that the hours suit the barristers who lecture us, and thus the hours can be quite erratic. On tuesdays i have my first lecture at 9-11am and my next one from 4pm-6pm which kinda sucks.

It is a good stepping stone and it can lead you towards a variety of paths. Furthermore, you can apply to do a masters in Law after the Diploma. I wuld highly reccomed the course

Advertisement