Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa boot badge ripped off and nail in my tyre!

Options
  • 12-11-2006 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Yeah, on top a lovely keying incident in the last few months my car had the boot badge ripped off and I came out to find an almost deflated tyre with a nail jammed in its side.

Do I have to get the boot lock casing replaced to get the badge put on again?
    Likely cost?

Also, the nail was right in the corner of the wheel and it has turned into a gash as opposed to a stab ... is this a likely tyre replacement?

I park down in BS centre everyday for work. That will be the last time now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if the hole is in the side of the tyre, it'll need replacing. I too had a badge broken off my 146,

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

I can't help but wonder what does be going thru peoples heads...Scumbags :mad:
    Do I have to get the boot lock casing replaced to get the badge put on again?
    Likely cost?
    I don't think so, try a breakers yard or Ebay...
    on top a lovely keying incident

had the same done to my 156 along the wing and door, and it was only new...twas a neighbour up the road, but I could not prove it...Only consolation I have is, I have moved on. And they are stuck there...
    Sad what some people will do, too lazy to get off their a$$ and work, so why should you have it....

What type of Alfa is it??? 156/147??

I never replaced my badge, but as far as I know, it's seperate from the lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

the badge can be replaced depending on what way/ how they damaged it . its difficult enough to change it would be easier although more expensive to just change the full part

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

afaik you'll just need the new badge which you can order from here price includes delivery i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I debadged my car yesterday before some little scumbag does it for me and scrapes the paint!

Don't think Skoda badges are cool enough to steal yet! ;)

Advertisement