Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conroe Build - Motherboard/RAM question

Options
  • 12-11-2006 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm making some selections for a conroe build, and am stumped when it comes to selecting a motherboard/RAM combination.

I've narrowed it down to 1GB Geil (2x512mb) 6400 CL4 and one of the following motherboards,

Gigabyte 965P DS3

Asus P5B Deluxe

or the plain ASUS P5B

I've read that these motherboards are plagued with ram compatability isses upon first boot up (defaulting to 1.8V for the RAM or something).

Also some say that the P5B/P5B Deluxe run very hot.

Can you guys offer some advice on these issues and how you can get around them? any recommendations on what components to go for would be welcome too :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Get a abit a9w MAX. This board is the dogs bollox. About the heat, just make sure your case has good air flow. And decent fans with all the cables done neatly. Also i would reccomend getting 2gb of ram. If you find money a problem, you can get ccheaper patriot ram from www.overclockers.co.uk.

The pb5 delux is also a very nice board.

Advertisement