Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardeaux 4 Mill Fc 0

• 12-11-2006 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Great game, we were solid in 1st half and weathered an onslaught all against the wind and some very good players, Joe came on and scored with his 1st touch to finish a great break.

2nd half we upped the tempo and scored 3 cracking goals to leave us 4-0 up with 15 to play. Andy (2) and jules with 3 really good goals. We finsihed well by giving them nothing our back four were awesome :D

Well done lads.

Team:
    Bernard Goal
    Me Mark Cathal Micheal
    ........Neil
    Enda Simon John
    .........Jules
    .........Andy

Subs
    Mick
    Mikie for Simon
    Dara for Neil
    Joe for John

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

good shtuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Superb performance, everyone was in great form. Four great goals and a clean sheet, can't ask for any more. Bernard made some great saves to keep it at 0-0 which was crucial, and we managed to nick one against the wind, a great bit of skill by Andy and a super finish from Joe. Three more great goals with the wind in our backs in the second half and we completely outplayed them. Deserved win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Wow. Wasn't expecting that well done and congrats hopefully you can keep it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Absolutely fantastic performance from everybody. Admittedly it looked early on that we weren't gonna get much from the game with the wind and their ability to pass the ball well but the defending was superb, as were Bernard's saves.

Second half we played to our strengths - getting the ball forward quickly and using Jules and Andy to hold the ball up. We killed them in every tackle and pressed them into making mistakes. The quality of goals was brilliant too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Absolutely superb today, one and all.

Inspired substitution made it 1-0 for us :D in a first half in which our 'keeper (Bernie), back four(Anto - Cathal - Mark - Michael) and holding midfielder (Neil) did brilliantly to deny Mill FC a goal, there was some real pressure on early doors. With the wind against us for the first thirty minutes we did well to use the counter attack, and it came to fruition with the goal. One nil at half time was brilliant.

Second half we knew that with the wind hindering their play we could pressurise their defence, and it paid off - big time. Three well taken goals by our front two (Jules (1)- Andy(2)) made it four nil. I'm trying to foster a nice rivalry between the two, but they're too good natured for their own good!

Solid performances by our attacking midfielder (Simon) and wingers (John - Enda) ensured we had the best possible start we could have envisaged to the league.

First half substitute Joe scored with his first touch, then second half sub Mikie set up the well taken fourth. After an injury to Captain Neil, Jules pushed back into the midfield and Darragh came on to see out the last few minutes up front.

Our three months of preparation has really paid off, and we couldn't have asked for a better start.

Well done lads, and more of the same next week will go down a treat - it's my BIRTHDAY next Sunday.
    Reganio 2 wrote:
    Wow. Wasn't expecting that well done and congrats hopefully you can keep it up.
    :eek:

Why not? We are a good team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Fantastic start to the league lads, well done!

I'll be sure to try and bring us down next week

edit: we're top of the league after that!
    http://astro.ie/GlobalLeagueTable.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=1&CompetitionCategoryID=1&CompetitionID=1257&DivisionDetailsID=1

Jesus, looking at the league table now, seems like Brompton didn't capitalise on their first half three nil lead, and Templeroan only scored one while playing with the wind.

BUT, even with Boca Plate gaining a 3-0 walkover for the no-show of Athletico Southside, we'll still be top on Goal Difference, which is absolutely fantastic with only eleven games to go :D

FORZA BOARDEAUX!

I've just put a small match report on the Wiki page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

great stuff last night lads. gutsy performance by all involved in defence in the first half, and we took our chances well when they came, twas pretty ruthless. great saves by bernie to keep it us in it early on gave us the platform to build from. If lads keep finishing like Joe and Andy did we'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

seansouth wrote:
    I've just put a small match report on the Wiki page.

Haha, love the sarcasm!

"ref got it completely wrong"
    "giant Mill FC 'keeper"
    "inspirational captain Neil" :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Im planning on having a look around the web for the rules concerning keepers etc, when i find it im gonna print it out and hand them to my new fave ref before next weeks game

May aswell include the link to the rest of the rules so he can read them before making up new ones in the future :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

also whats with the fantasy football type page here http://astro.ie/LeaguePlayerValuations.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=1&CompetitionCategoryID=1&CompetitionID=1257&DivisionDetailsID=1

firstly phil is joint top of the points without being there

also im down as a defender :o i fully agree with me being the joint 2nd on the table and im wondering how and where do i go about cashing myself in for the 1 million euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I would also like to cash in on some of that. I would be interested in selling some of my image rights for say €250,000 if there a company/gang/mafia that would like in on this (it will cost them alot more if we win the league!).

In a totally unrelated matter on of the Mill Fc players stepped on my hand and it fairly swollen (but not to the size of anto's yet!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

seansouth wrote:
    :eek:
    Why not? We are a good team.
    Dont get me wrong it wasnt meant in a bad way its just very hard to win your first ever game in a league especially by such a big margin. Sorry no offense meant. Congrats.

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Sorry no offense meant.
    Ah, no offence taken pal.
    Reganio 2 wrote:
    Congrats.
    Thanks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Smashing result. Fair play to ye!

Advertisement