Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

portfolios and art collages infos

Options
  • 12-11-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

im starting this tread to help me, and many like me that are doing portfolios for art collages. i will tell you what i know and as much on how im doing it but i hope by creating this tread others will join and share what they know or been told in the hope by increasing their chances of being accepted into art collage.

so heres what i know

the NCAD do not require any points for any of their courses they accept ppl purely on their portfolio and interview... though this is a veru sought after collage and only so many get in every year. other collages act pretty similer to this but may require you to get a minium of points..i havent checked.

to ask what should go into a portfolio is a hard one as im preparing mine at this current moment too but ill tell you what i know.
    first you should have some notebooks/sketchbooks off all your ideas that should lead on to a finished or large scale work. you should include a few of these in your portfolio.. i am aiming to include 4 in mine.
    it should in have some life drawing, nude or clothed (ask friends to model or buy an antomy book)
    paintings, lots and lots of paintings.. try to expirement with your matirals, types of paint, texture added, pencils, pens charcoal, etc etc... even toothpaste (good if you run out of white ;) )
    keep everything youve done.. dont throw it away even if its not good.. it might be useful later.
    photography can be used but should not overused.. it is a tool to work from which you can get some pretty cool images/works but by boosting a photo up to large scale might be seen as lazy and unliked.
    join a portfolio class or even two if you have to time.. if you cant find one just join any art class. it helps you get work done if you find you have too much school work to do.
    choose a path that you might want to look at/ follow.. i myself was looking at old manmade objects being taking over by nature as one of my projects.
    collect items so that you can work inside the house
    hang up your work so you can see clearly where you are going and it might also inspire you to do another work.

thats all i can tell you for now. hope that helps. if you know anyother tips post them up and help us all

Advertisement