Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recomend a phone?

• 12-11-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys,
    looking to buy a new phone at the moment.
    My budget is in or around 200 euro.
    I need a camera/video, easy to use features and most importantly Lots of inbox space!
    I have a sharp gx25 at the moment, and its grand but i would like more room for texts( it holds around 200 , i think)
    Anyone know a good phone with plenty of message room?
    Had a bad experience before with motorola freezing etc :rolleyes:

any ideas?
    cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

bronte wrote:
    hi guys,
    looking to buy a new phone at the moment.
    My budget is in or around 200 euro.
    I need a camera/video, easy to use features and most importantly Lots of inbox space!
    I have a sharp gx25 at the moment, and its grand but i would like more room for texts( it holds around 200 , i think)
    Anyone know a good phone with plenty of message room?
    Had a bad experience before with motorola freezing etc :rolleyes:

any ideas?
    cheers!

Are you bill or prepay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I would recommend the K750i (on Pay as you go), but I don't think it has the ability to store messages onto the memory card and so can only hold about 200 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Nokia 6233! Texting is lovely on it, the keypad is practically silent, and very comfortable. I've had close to 2 thousand messages in both my inbox and outbox at one time.
    Screen, speakers and video are better quality than the k750i.
    Camera pic quality is better on the k750, also has auto focus, macro and a flash/torch.

I would admit that the text input is better on the SE phones, especially with custom words in the dictionary (you can edit them, and there's no end to custom words available). Other than that I love my 6233, and I don't miss the torch or camera as much as I thought I would.

[edit]
    GSMArena
    Nokia 6233 Review
    SE k750i Review

Mobile-Review
    6233 Review
    k750i Review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Thanks guys, Im currently prepay with vodafone..but would consider moving if i got a better deal on another network..i've no loyalty! :p
    I like the k750i alright, looks nice...but wow!! the nokia 6233!
    That many messages!!!
    Sounds tempting! the memory must be huge! and I am v .fond of nokias
    Dya mind me asking how much that set ya back dob?? :D

cheers for the links!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

bronte wrote:
    Thanks guys, Im currently prepay with vodafone..but would consider moving if i got a better deal on another network..i've no loyalty! :p
    That many messages!!!

cheers for the links!
    You can get it on the Vodafone online store for €189 with €80 credit - https://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/product.jsp?cat=ftc-phones&productId=19389&bpProductId=19388

I might get it myself for a change from my N70.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

bronte wrote:
    That many messages!!!

cheers for the links!

http://www.o2online.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/O2ProductDisplayView?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&phoneId=36001&flowType=S&productId=36001&newFlag=

Thanks a mill!

I noticed the one in the vodafone online store is actually the nokia 6234.
    Is this a more updated version of the 6233 or are they seperate?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

bronte wrote:
    Thanks a mill!

I noticed the one in the vodafone online store is actually the nokia 6234.
    Is this a more updated version of the 6233 or are they seperate?? :confused:
    It's the very same phone but Vodafone call it the 6234 because they have their own firmware on it.

I see! will check that one out next time I'm out then!!
    sounds good!!

Thanks! :)

Advertisement