Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elmo's Been Thinking...

Options
  • 12-11-2006 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

...that a change machine would be a good idea.

If there's one thing that bugs me about UCD it's that whenever I need to get print credit or put money on my photocopier card, I don't have change. Inevitably, this happens late at night too, when everywhere but the library is closed, and even if it doesn't, it bloody bugs me to have to trapse down to the SU shop and buy something I don't want to get a couple of euro. It's particularly annoying with this new minting thing whereby not all coins will work in said machine anyway.

Hence...change machine in the library and the daedalus at least would be very much appreciated...but I figured I might ask how many people would avail of such before heading off to bug my class rep about it?

Change machine, anyone? 33 votes

Yay, change machine! Do it!
    0%
    Get off yer arse and go get your own change woman
    54%
    StepheruniesnickerpussRaphaelmlocStabshauptmannarbeitsscheuerpanda100mdebetsbonelessBlush_01GarretdirtydresshumbertelmyrageneralmiaowabelardXchampagneXsmartblaa 18 votes
    I love Elmo
    21%
    PythiaarbeitsscheuerGusherINGbonelessGarrethumbertgeneralmiaow 7 votes
    I hate polls
    24%
    bonelessBlush_01GarrethumbertsingingstrangerUmarogeneralmiaowXchampagneX 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

You're absolutely right. At the end of last year I had about 15 packets of chewing gum in my bag, all purchased to get change for the fooking photocopier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Yes. I like change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

The ones in Smurfit take notes. Thought they all would?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

I think there is one in the trap?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The SU shop will give you change without buying something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

There is, but the Arts block closes before the library and tbh if one can be provided for recreational use, then all the more reason to supply one for academic needs. Thank you please.

Edit: in response to Simon, that is. Grrr Sangre and his fast posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I hate polls
    I think it'd be a great idea. I also think there should be one in each of the launderettes. I hate running out of change and having to ask for some from other people - who invariably need it for their own laundry.

YAY for change machines, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I hate polls
    I think there was one in the trap but I've never actually used it so I can't be sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I hate polls
    /me gets thinking and starts to arrange for motion to be put at next SU Council

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

if they'd take credit cards... or laser... or if you could use said plastic implements online to buy printer credit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Credit stealer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I hate polls
    DaveMcG wrote:
    Credit stealer!
    Dude, I'm not on Council, nor am I even in the country. But that's the point of Class Reps, they're supposed to do this stuff for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Blush_01 wrote:
    I think it'd be a great idea. I also think there should be one in each of the launderettes. I hate running out of change and having to ask for some from other people - who invariably need it for their own laundry.

YAY for change machines, methinks.
    What she said, I have to try and save up change all week for washing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm good for change most days [I gave out €30 in €1 and €2 coins today:eek:] so if any of ye are desperate and spot me feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Scraggs I forgot my money today . No seriously Im fecking starving and its only half 8 . How am I going to survive 12 more hours? Can I borrow a tenner . You know where to find me .

PS: Wooo Change Machine !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I love Elmo
    We fear change.

I think this might be a good motion to bring before council tho. However, I'm far too apathetic for this sort of malarkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

The deadline is 5pm tomorrow, surely there are enough boardsie reps to get a proposer and seconder together.

Council notes the need of having coins in order to top up ones copiprint card for photocopying and printing.

Council notes the lack of a machine to provide change in the library.

Council further notes the inconvenience suffered by those who must leave the library to obtain change and of those who find themselves unable to find change once the shops around campus close.

Council therefore mandates the Deputy President to campaign for the provision of change machines in the library, daedalus building as a priority and other areas of campus where the service would be used.

Poposer Paddy Phelan, Centre Club Rep (would elmo like to come to council and use my speaking rights to propose your motion)

Anyone want to second this and Ill email it off before the deadline.

[edit] Amended slightly and seconder found. Less than 30 mins. Honestly cant see why some people miss submission deadlines

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Gav have you definitly gotten someone to submit the motion or will I send it in now?

I only represent 4 students, 3 of whom are already su councillors, ones the president!

As such Im more than happy to act as a boards.ie type rep, if anyone on boards wants my speaking rights or propose a motion through me Id be happy to oblige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

We fear change.

I think this might be a good motion to bring before council tho. However, I'm far too apathetic for this sort of malarkey.
    Die plz.

Advertisement