Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut Butter without hydrogenated fats

• 12-11-2006 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy peanut butter that doesn't contain hydrogenated vegetable oils?? I've yet to come across one. Even the one in Holland & Barrett seems suspicious. I've come across the Whole Earth brand and it doesn't say it contains hydrogenated fat, but I remain sceptical. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

Believe it or not, and if memory serves, the Tesco brand one doesn't!
    Well it doesnt specifically say it doesnt, so like the H&B one you may be sceptical, but under the assumption that if it has it it's gotta say it, check the Tesco own brand peanut butter!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'm almost sure that the one the Hopsack in the Swan Centre in Rathmines sells doesn't contain any. But if you asked them they'd be able to tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

mack1 wrote:
    Believe it or not, and if memory serves, the Tesco brand one doesn't!
    Well it doesnt specifically say it doesnt, so like the H&B one you may be sceptical, but under the assumption that if it has it it's gotta say it, check the Tesco own brand peanut butter!

Yeh, it's hard to tell. I almost bought the Tesco one but then I kinda worried that it'd be the same as all the others. I'll try ask Tesco or something lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

I know I've got peanut butter from my local health food shop and that doesn't have any hyd fats so chek out your local HFS, what about Panda? I'm not sure but I THINK I remember seeing there was no hyd fats in that could be proved wrong tho!

Advertisement