Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie: One Year On

• 13-11-2006 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I felt it would be worth posting a thread on this subject seeing as it's been one year since Eddie died on Monday. I got my hands on an ECW tape, The Malenko Guerrero Classic, and I was watching it earlier, first time in a good while since I'd watched Eddie wrestle. Best of 3 matches for the ECW tv title, I really enjoyed it, Eddie really was one of the best in the world, even 11 years ago

He's definitely been missed, although WWE haven't been too classy in their handling of his death after the first week, but the less said there the better. I don't really know what else to say, I just felt this deserved a thread. Wrestlers do seem to be taken care of a bit better following Eddie's death, what with WWE's wellness policy, hopefully they keep it up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah I've found myself thinking about Eddie Guerrero lately myself. The guy was the total package. He had the technical ability, the charisma, the ring psychology and he was brilliant whether heel or babyface.

I think the WWE should hold an anniversary show in honour of him. The main event could have participants from all three brands who were close to him. I'd suggest Benoit, Edge and RVD respectively. Then donate the money to his family.

I can't see it happening as they probably regard the stupid Chavo/Vickie storyline as being enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I've a 2 hour interview with Eddie done in 2000 for the wrestling observer online radio show with Dave Meltzer. If anyone wants it, just pm me with there e-mail address and I'll stick it on www.yousendit.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Great idea for a thread Fozzy!

Last night, I found my tape of No Way Out 2004 and I sat down and watched Eddie versus Lesner for the title. It was a class match and Eddie was a class person.

There is some up on wwe.com on Eddie, its worth a look!

One year on - Viva La Rasa!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

PWInsider have some articles on Eddie posted up today: http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=21411&p=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

wow a year already......................
    I have seen some of eddies matches from his early days in ECW and then his run in WCW and he really was one that stood out from alot of the other talent and its just a shame to think of what more he could have done in the wrestling world but didnt because his time ran out.One of my favourite memories of eddie is when I think of how amazing it was to have seen him live at the RDS a year and a half ago and him deservingly winning the title at No Way Out and eddie and benoit standing in the middle of the ring at the end of Wrestlemania hugging and crying when both of them won the titles of their individual shows that night.When I think of eddie guerrero,I miss eddie.............................:( :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:
    PWInsider have some articles on Eddie posted up today: http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=21411&p=1
    thanks for that fozzy..great read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

year already aye.. seems like a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

you can see how sorely missed eddie is when you look across the three brands now. nobody can match any aspect of what he could do in the ring.
    whether you look at his technical ability in matches against benoit or malenko,
    his latch match against kennedy when he toses the chair to kennedy to win by dq or even his mic skills on his own or even as part of los guerreros. he'd be a heel or a face but you could never help but watch him because you knew you'd always be entertained. no words can ever sum up how much he'll be missed.
    R.I.P. eddie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

moongoose wrote:
    his last match against kennedy when he toses the chair to kennedy to win by dq

WWE had this match to view for free on Monday, seems to be gone now.
    If anyone wants it, mail me at Guy_Kildare@yahoo.co.uk and i'll try and send it to you, does'nt seem to be letting me post it here (I'm no Bill Gates)

Advertisement