Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heroin in waterford

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Phenobarbidoll

Ah Waterford...land of 16 year old hookers and pill heads.
    It always amazed me that it was so utterly visable there, and how any eejit with twenty quid could get themselves sorted out in less time than it takes to get a kebab in the Istanbul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Ah Waterford...land of 16 year old hookers and pill heads.
    It always amazed me that it was so utterly visable there, and how any eejit with twenty quid could get themselves sorted out in less time than it takes to get a kebab in the Istanbul.

I think some people just have the eye for spotting vice! I've never seen anything of the sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

merlante wrote:
    I think some people just have the eye for spotting vice! I've never seen anything of the sort.
    Just not looking in the right places ;)

Roen wrote:
    Just not looking in the right places ;)

What, you mean like a backstreet whore house? :) I suppose I might end up knocking for a few tea bags or something and I might see a few of 'em. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Isn't there a certain establishment down town that is allegedly famous for that sort of thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Bond-007 wrote:
    Isn't there a certain establishment down town that is allegedly famous for that sort of thing?

The Maryland? :D oh the jokes about the maryland, I'm sure any type of stuff that went on there ended years ago did it?
    Now it's the lap-dancing club according to people, I've never been there and don't intend going there either.

Where did you see 16 yr old prostitutes Phenobarbidoll? I've seen prostitutes but never anywhere near that age.

I lived along the quay in the very early nineties and used to see them, and trust me, it's not just a fanciful imagination. I know most of the shipping had stopped by then but there were still enough boats coming in to warrant their trade there. Things have changed quite a bit since then but I can't imagine for a second that when the clientele dried up that the phenomenon went away, it probably just became less visible.
    A quick chat to a few of the older taxi drivers in town should confirm the state of vice here. Some won't have seen anything and some will have.

Roen wrote:
    I lived along the quay in the very early nineties and used to see them, and trust me, it's not just a fanciful imagination. I know most of the shipping had stopped by then but there were still enough boats coming in to warrant their trade there. Things have changed quite a bit since then but I can't imagine for a second that when the clientele dried up that the phenomenon went away, it probably just became less visible.
    A quick chat to a few of the older taxi drivers in town should confirm the state of vice here. Some won't have seen anything and some will have.

There was a report a few years ago that put Waterford second after Dublin for the number of prostitutes per capita. Can't remember the specifics.

I wonder if there is a 'trade' out by the port? Or if the boys coming in on the ships know to come into town. :) I would have thought that the trade is less port oriented these days anyway.

Is Whispers still going on Ballybricken? I wonder what effect that place is having. I know that elsewhere strip/lapdancing clubs are also into prostitution and get busted periodically by the cops, or at least did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Roen wrote:
    A quick chat to a few of the older taxi drivers in town should confirm the state of vice here.

"How's it going?"
    "Alright how ya doin, where ya off ta?"
    "Hillview please"
    "No bother"
    ..............."Nippy out tonight isn't it?"
    "Yeah it's chilly alright"
    .................."So what's the state of the prostitution scene here in town" :D

Dan133269 wrote:
    "How's it going?"
    "Alright how ya doin, where ya off ta?"
    "Hillview please"
    "No bother"
    ..............."Nippy out tonight isn't it?"
    "Yeah it's chilly alright"
    .................."So what's the state of the prostitution scene here in town" :D
    Bingo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

the kebab house next to ten. seen it happening there a couple of nights. didnt ferrybank used to be a hotspot for hookers?

Advertisement