Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is most important to you from a Dublin Night Club?

Options
  • 13-11-2006 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Ok folks

As you can see I have put together a poll to gather some information from the dubs on what they think is most important to them from a Dublin Night Club. Give us a vote!

What is most important to you from a Dublin Night Club? 25 votes

A good door policy
    0% 0 votes
    A good mix of music
    12% 3 votes
    A certain age group
    28% 7 votes
    A fantastic venue
    0% 0 votes
    The location of the venue
    0% 0 votes
    The type crowd that goes there (student, goth, techno heads etc..)
    4% 1 vote
    A good mix of people from all different areas of life
    28% 7 votes
    The price of drink
    8% 2 votes
    How nice the staff are
    20% 5 votes
    Lots of hot guys or ladys
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They're all important but the music really makes the night for me. But most play crap, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a good door policy would be great (i voted for price of drink) if it was actually possible to get good professional door staff and not wa*kers like the ones that operate in 99% of dublin clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

i would tick 4-5 of the abvoe actually. one only is not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

No Knacks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I voted a good door policy, but some more of the options you listed are important to me.
    No knackers and no children would be absolutely fantastic, especially if the doormen can suss out the knackers before they slip in and have the chance to cause trouble.

The price of drink is important also. I'd sometimes head to lilles or cocoon but the prices they charge would stop me going the majority of the time. Drinks promotions certainly are attractive, and would be a huge decider of where to go on a night out, but its no use having great promotions and letting every skanger in Dublin into the place.

The venue itself is important, obviously you don't want to go to an absolute dive. The type of crowd is important also, as you want to be with a crowd similar to yourself.

Though I did pick door policy, there are other factors when picking a spot for a night out and I don't think I could name one as being the most important factor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Some very good valid points on what people look for in a venue. A good mix of music seems to be ahead of the poll... the end result will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Hot wimminz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

So everyone must be after a bit of totty then :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

IMO this should be a multi-choice poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

If you want more detailed/proper results, I'd suggest a questionairre/survey. Theres places online that you can make and host them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement