Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just got a tongue piercing...

Options
  • 13-11-2006 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

so i just decided on the spur of the moment on wednesday to pierce my tongue.. first major piercing.. before now only had my ears pierced once...

so yeah.. basically i love it and all but reality is only settling in now...

so i have some questions for anyone out there who can help.. (im living in germany and the piercer wasn't much help for a chat on the realities of a piercing!!)

- is it really true that i can't drink or smoke for a month... seems a tad on the long side.. had one drink and one fag the night after and my tongue wasn't pretty but think maybe it was just a bit soon...

- how long till i can go back and ask the guy to change the piercing stud thing.. already feels miles too big for my mouth!!

- what's it like to kiss with a tongue piercing!! feels really wierd in my mouth.. kinda freaked out by the idea of someone else going at it in case they mess it up!! (and yeah i know im supposed to wait a month - although really?... - before kissing!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

was the person that pierced this for u a mute?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

so yeah.. basically i love it and all but reality is only settling in now...

>Yeah i hate it when reality kicks in

so i have some questions for anyone out there who can help.. (im living in germany and the piercer wasn't much help for a chat on the realities of a piercing!!)

>Gotta watch out for the germans they're out for revenge after WW2.

- is it really true that i can't drink or smoke for a month... seems a tad on the long side.. had one drink and one fag the night after and my tongue wasn't pretty but think maybe it was just a bit soon...

> I say about ten days normally though chances are you if you stay off the fags for the month you won't go back.;)

- how long till i can go back and ask the guy to change the piercing stud thing.. already feels miles too big for my mouth!!

About ten days again all the initial swelling should be gone by then.

- what's it like to kiss with a tongue piercing!! feels really wierd in my mouth.. kinda freaked out by the idea of someone else going at it in case they mess it up!! (and yeah i know im supposed to wait a month - although really?... - before kissing!!)

Yes wait a month, you have an open wound in your mouth this leaves you more open to infections that can be spread by kissing. No one will mess it up kissing and for the other person it just feels like there's a ball bearing in your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Ha! Excellently answered. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Twigy

got mine done just less than 2 months ago. After the first 10 days or so it was pretty much back to normal. Kissing is not a problem unless u are really going for it with ur tongue. Anyway kissing is good, keeps ur mouth cleaner and sterile. No kissing for 1 month?!.....Pahh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Anyone get a second tongue piercing? Thinking of it.

• Advertisement

Had two at one stage gave me a lisp so i removed it but won't be the same case in everyone, No reason not to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

hang on. there is a reason not to. It'd wreck your teeth to bits! I'm gonna get two on the back of my tongue as soon as I'm paid... Thinkin thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

hang on. there is a reason not to. It'd wreck your teeth to bits! I'm gonna get two on the back of my tongue as soon as I'm paid... Thinkin thursday?

Going to get it behind the one I already have methinks.

If its place properly and you don't fidget with it, it shouldn't wreck your teeth.

Advertisement