Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connundrum - GO!

Options
  • 13-11-2006 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Ok, after weeks of talking about it, I've gone on the Liptrim program thingy. I started it yesterday having purchased all of the necessary goods on Saturday.

Had 2 shakes yesterday - Chocolate and Strawberry. I'd be lying if I said they didn't taste like a$$ :o And preparing for the first shake of the day now.

My reasons for taking part in the programme..

About 2 years ago I got into a slump of overeating (not to an excessive degree but noticable) which was mixed with slacking exercise ventures. I was in college and working so it literally was wake up => college => work => bed. This led to me stickin on maybe a stone and a half, which I haven't been able to shift, and I've been pretty much the same weight +/- the obvious few pounds since then.

So, this is being done with a view to kick starting a better body (along with me feeling better about myself).

I really don't believe that I eat unhealthily now, I reckon I eat like a normal person - Cereal with banana, coffee, meat + salad sandwich or roll and then a dinner which would be meat + pasta/rice or meat and 2/3 veg. During the day there might be a coupla snacks but that is pretty much my day to day diet. There also might be the odd chinese/chipper but again, nothing too hectic.

Over the last coupla months I've rekindled my relationship with the aul excercise - but it hasn't been a routined thing due to work/other commitments. I might go to the gym once a week or three times a week but I guess it is averaging out at twice a week.

My ultimate goal for this programme is to stay the course for 4 weeks, keep a minimum of 2 gym trips per week, and see how I am come December 10th.
    My weight at the moment is 16st 1, and my ideal weight would be 14st 5 - 15 st (this is my ideal weight, not what a BMI chart would suggest as I am 6'2).

When I'm in the gym, it'd usually be 20 minutes cardio - treadmill, stepper, rowing and skipping (although not all in the one session) followed by 40 + minutes of upper body - benching, free weights and using other such equipment.

Apart from the 2 shakes a day I'm taking Berocca (1 a day) and cod liver oil (just because I always do).

Here goes!

Advertisement