Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yesterday

Options
  • 13-11-2006 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Very dissapointed with yesterday. After such a massive resuly last sunday, we threw away a great chance to push up the table. One of the lowest points since MJ took over. Not only was the performance sub-standard but the attitude of some of the players was'nt good.

A Day to forget me thinks !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Yup, there were a few lackadaisical performances - was surprised that Jol left Berbatov on - he wasn't up to his usual standard at all! Neither were the back line, especially for the two giveaway goals.

We could do a Mourihno on it; Jenas was fouled in the penalty area and (by Moanrihno standards) we had 2 goals disallowed - both were offside and the whistle clearly went before the ball hit the net, but that's his definition of a "disallowed goal".....to be honest, though, aside from Robbie and Dawson, the heads weren't there.

Reading didn't deserve to lose it (by comparison to our performance).

Not sure what went wrong, but let's hope it's just a minor blip.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Another thing too. as much as I rate him, Berb gave the ball away a couple of times in the 2nd half and never chased back after it, he stood there with his hands on his hips....hope this changes quick smart...

as you said , lets hope its a one-off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Hatch99 wrote:
    Another thing too. as much as I rate him, Berb gave the ball away a couple of times in the 2nd half and never chased back after it, he stood there with his hands on his hips....hope this changes quick smart...

as you said , lets hope its a one-off

Tell Berbs that every game is a European one and that every day is a Thursday :D cos he looks a totally different player in UEFA games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

yiddo wrote:
    Tell Berbs that every game is a European one and that every day is a Thursday :D cos he looks a totally different player in UEFA games.

I didn't see anything of the game as I was in waiting on a connecting flight in Barcelona airport, and couldn't bring myself to watch MOTD2 when I got home, but a colleague of mine in work today said it looks like Berbs doesn't like it when the going's getting tough, seems too disinterested.

Jol needs a word, the lad is different class but that is an attitude I'd happily do without. Bust a gut against teams like Reading, get the 3 points, then you'll be in with a chance of more Thursdays (or even Tuesdays/Wednesdays ;) ) next season...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i was disappointed. we were played off the park to be fair. reading deserved to win. they were aggressive, they were up for it, and they played some really good football.
    we were graceful, pretty, and unable to really get passed them.

i am not going to moan too much about it though. id have no problem in losing 1 game in 10 :)
    as long as we win the next 9, im happy enough. besides, i dont think we are really any further up or down the table than we deserve to be at the moment, but they way we have been improving, i think it was a blip, and the usual bout of wins and draws will follow shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

We don't seem to have the players who want to battle in midfield - maybe Zakora and Ghaly aside, but Jenas and Lennon will never impose themselves upon a physical game. That's where i liked Tainio - i know he's hurt at present, or Davids. Need to think about horses for courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Tiny Teem back in training

Wonder how long he'll last before he does a Dazza again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I've put it down to a bad day at the office.
    Either that or we're Boro in disguise.

Advertisement