Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home improvements

Options
  • 13-11-2006 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am new to the Cork area and i am refurbishings a house that i just bought. It is in the Douglas area. I was wondering if anyone could help me to advise me on the best stores etc..

I will be doing:
    New Flooring wooden & Carpets
    Blinds/curtains
    tiling
    New kitchen
    All new furniture living & Bedrooms

any comments/help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Hi Maureen,

I bought a house in Carrigaline (approx. 3 years ago) and used the following for services :

New Flooring wooden & Carpets Failte Fireplaces in Carrigaline. Donnchadh there laid the floors. Superb job

Blinds/curtains The Blind Maker - based in the little Industrial Estate beside the Kinsale Road Roundabout (on LHS if going in to city). Did a fantastic job on our roller blinds

tiling Bought tiles in Railway Tile Store (now Right Price tiles I believe) beside the train station. Can't remember the tiler's details - sorry. The tile shops will all provide lists of tilers they recommend

New kitchen & wardrobes O'Mahony & O'Donovan in Carrigaline. Bernie there did an excellent job on a solid wood fitted Maple shaker kitchen. Also did solid wood fitted wardrobe for us in master bedroom. Is a small workshop witha small showroom, but are very obliging and helpful. Based up beside the Medical Centre

All new furniture living & Bedrooms - There are many shops in and around the city. We got bedroom furniture in Arramount. Other stuff, we had brought down from Dublin. We since moved back to Dublin

Got our appliances from DID online

HTH

D :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 furni

Our Website www.furniture.ie should provide some useful information to assist you. I you have any specific questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kaza

What ever you do, do not order furniture from Top Drawer - I ordered back in June and was told it was a 4 week delivery time. 5 months later, after various excuses, I am still waiting. They are totally unorganised, be warned!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 furni

Long lead times seem to be a common issue at the moment.
    I would not wait any more than six weeks for an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Acme Blinds, one of the largest blind manufacturers in ireland are based in Cork. Factory outlet on mallow road and I think 3 shops in cork. I've dealt with their thurles shop, blinds supplied and free fitting in 10 days, they even came out and measured for free. I dont give recomendations easily but their service was exceptional and girl in shop was very nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aro

I am a tiler and from Douglas. If you will be needing tiling you can contact me for qoute. My number is 0860861464.

Advertisement