Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shorter/Longer Hair

• 13-11-2006 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Its been a while since I've been at the barber and my hair has grown and is all bushy now.

Do women prefer this look or something? I was out over the weekend and there were girls coiming up to me saying that they love my hair!

Like, I dont really care much about my hair and it just cos I havent had a chance to get a haircut in the last few weeks that it has started to grow. But after the reaction, I think I might stick wth this????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I prefer longer hair I have to say. Stick with it if you were getting compliments ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Long hair just suits some people. Personally, I'd always go for the short version, but a friend of mine used to have this great cut and really lovely shiny and thick hair..then he cut it really short and now he just looks like any other ordinary bloke. So disappointing.

If you are getting compliments, that's a definite sign that you should stick with longer hair. But just letting it grow wild won't work forever. Maybe you could keep it long but give it some definition with a proper cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

Maybe you could keep it long but give it some definition with a proper cut?

What does that mean????
    really lovely shiny and thick hair..

Yeah, they were saying it was so thick and shiny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I get that a lot too, it's great! Go to the hairdressers and ask them to thin it/shape it for you, depending on how much longer you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Personally i hate any type of long hair on a guy. I like the ol short back n sides n brylcream, looks neater and like youy actually take pride in your appearance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

long hair is best esp if ur getting compliments

post a pic? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

This semi relates to the original post.

I hate the people in real life, who will actually tell you that you need to adjust your hair to their taste. Fair enough if you ask for their opinion, but some people are just so bloody ignorant, they'll actually tell you to get your hair cut despite whether or not you like your hair as it is. They're usually girls who think they're stylists or else they're dick heads who's realm of thought concerning hairstyles doesn't go far beyond shaved head all over. I have longish hair, and most of my mates say they prefer it longer than when I had it shorter. But next time some bitch tells me how much she thinks I should cut my hair because she doesn't like long hair when quite frankly I don't give a shit, I'm going to slap her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Binomate wrote:
    This semi relates to the original post.

I hate the people in real life, who will actually tell you that you need to adjust your hair to their taste. Fair enough if you ask for their opinion, but some people are just so bloody ignorant, they'll actually tell you to get your hair cut despite whether or not you like your hair as it is. They're usually girls who think they're stylists or else they're dick heads who's realm of thought concerning hairstyles doesn't go far beyond shaved head all over. I have longish hair, and most of my mates say they prefer it longer than when I had it shorter. But next time some bitch tells me how much she thinks I should cut my hair because she doesn't like long hair when quite frankly I don't give a shit, I'm going to slap her.

Agreed with that tbh.

Leanne wrote:
    Personally i hate any type of long hair on a guy. I like the ol short back n sides n brylcream, looks neater and like youy actually take pride in your appearance
    I wouldn't look at a guy with long hair and think he doesn't take pride in his appearance. I'd look at a guy with poncy hair that's all perfect and think that if he spends more time on his hair than I do it's never gonna work!
    I love hair that's a little bit longer on guys coz it looks like they're not trying too hard. Just my opinion

JustCoz wrote:
    I wouldn't look at a guy with long hair and think he doesn't take pride in his appearance. I'd look at a guy with poncy hair that's all perfect and think that if he spends more time on his hair than I do it's never gonna work!
    I love hair that's a little bit longer on guys coz it looks like they're not trying too hard. Just my opinion

Christ, you ladies are so ****ing full of **** some times.

On one hand, if it's long, he doesn't take pride in his appearance, on the other hand, it it's long, he's all poncy and spends too much time with his hair. Give over ffs, I've never heard such complete rot.

• Advertisement

It's called an opinion mate. What were you expecting, that every single girl would have the exact same opinion about what hair they like on guys? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Long hair on guys ftw!!! Its dead sexy :D

JustCoz wrote:
    It's called an opinion mate.

REALLY!??????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

cartman_retard2.jpg
    JustCoz wrote:
    What were you expecting, that every single girl would have the exact same opinion about what hair they like on guys? :rolleyes:

rolleyes.jpg

Ok, so I'm going pretty heavy on the sarcasm right now, but for crying out loud, you must've taken a detour across town you missed my point so badly.

But no, I don't expect that every single girl would have the exact same opinion on what hair they like on guys, and I haven't a clue how you managed to jump to that conclusion. It's not so much a jump as a blind leap. It wasn't about you two having different opinions, it was about you two talking out your collective arses.

Now, if you don't know what I'm getting at here, let me make things as clear as possible. Long hair isn't something that needs constant work, infact, it's pretty damn easy to take care of. I'll pop into the shower in the morning, wash my hair, then all it takes is 2 minutes with a blow dryer, and it's clean, dry and ready for the day. Simple as can be, doesn't take any effort at all. So your assertion that long hair on men is all poncy and that he'll take longer than you do = complete bollocks!

So with that in mind, Leane's comments about how if it's long, he doesn't take pride in his appearance is just so wrong it is also bollocks.

The conclusion? You're both talking absolute triple distilled rot!

That wasn't my assertion, if you had read my post, I said I like longer hair. I don't like guys with short hair who look like they've spent an hour at it with bryll cream when it's quite short (this is poncy hair imo). I think it comes across a bit vain. Anyway it's only hair, no need to uptight!

JustCoz wrote:
    That wasn't my assertion, if you had read my post, I said I like longer hair. I don't like guys with short hair who look like they've spent an hour at it with bryll cream when it's quite short (this is poncy hair imo). I think it comes across a bit vain.

I've read your post, and you don't even mention guys with short hair at all.

When I read that, it seemed to me that you're saying when you see a guy with long hair, you don't think he doesn't take pride in his appearance, you'd think he's poncey and spends more time on his hair than you.

Nowhere in that statement do you mention anything about the guys with short hair being poncey.

Yes, you do say that you like a guy with hair that's "A little bit longer" but given current hair trends with guys, "A little bit longer" could be very short indeed. Hell, a couple of inches could be a "A little bit longer" if you catch my drift.
    Anyway it's only hair, no need to uptight!

I'm not uptight, I'm just argumentative.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hair is important, it's not just hair!

Long straight hair, preferably wuith a hair straightener is very sexy on guys. :d

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you just can't win eh, karl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I like long hair when its straight, not too keen on bushy hair. My boyfs is down to his ass almost... He gets loads of compliments when he wears it down. Could be novelty value. But its more original and away from the crowd than the bleach tips Gavin Henson spiked sh1t u see the poncy rugger buggers sporting. Or the shaved sides n spiked fringe knack look :rolleyes: ... Keep it long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Straight hair is so bland looking, curls ftw !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't have much to say about guys with curly hair, apart from like a girl with curly hair, I'd never go out with either. (:

• Advertisement

So you're saying you wouldn't go out with a girl with curly hair ?

I said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I said it.
    You curlist. I for one love my curly locks, they is spiffy.
    I also love guys with longish hair, as long as it suits them, but it always seems to suit most guys.

I bring a hair straightener around for people like you. >_>

Sorry sweetie, not even a GHD can tame my mane.

I'm finding it hard to think someone can hate gloriously beautiful big ringlets of soft bouncy luxurious hair. :D Maybe you banged your head a couple of times, or were brainwashed or something. You must really hate irish dancers then.

BlueSpiral wrote:
    I for one love my curly locks, they is spiffy.

I'd really need to see some pics before I can decide.

I'll send you a pic of me if you want to drool over my curls ;)

I don't have any picitures to put up, but I do have something that looks very similar to my curls.

I would put a picture of myself up, but cameraphone ain't working and there is also the chance of a few internet weirdos about, I don't trust Tar very much now. <_<

I have already seen a picture of you little one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

You tell em karl! Same old fkin story.

Your damned if you do and your damned if you dont. FTI, i never cut my hair from my post a while back, still letting it grow long n strong!

I myself have curly hair(not ringles, long curls) and my hair goes kind of bushy, but groups of long curls.. About 3 hours ago my mam came in with my aunt (ex hair dresser) and my sister and wanted to test out a new hair straightener.. i was cornered into it by the 3 people who nag at me day in day out to get a hair cut because 'long hair is dirty'. So i let them do it.

So my hair is now very straight, just past my shoulders and all 3 of em have been going on about 'your hair is so shiney', 'i wish my hair would do this/that'.

Now im getting 'you should get it cut, but not much off, just like this/that'. I think its fkin hillarious.

I get loads of people saying indirectly that i look great with long hair - an example of this would be a month ago at a party when a girl said to me in a conversation 'the lead singer of (band name) is so hot', then the next day while everyone was sobering up her and her friend said 'we finally figured out who you look like (band name singer from earlier).

When my hair was short, i felt that i was keeping it short to look good for other people that that there were certain expectations to match, which in turn didnt let me be. The complements came in like 'ooh you hair looks nice, or i like your new boots'... Very direct complements that didnt really reflect on me, they just reflected on meaningless things. When i grew my hair i was able to let go of that need to impress people, and just be myself. I feel i have a much better presance in a room.

the bottom line is, if something so small as a hairstyle is bothering you - dont listen to other people, do what you want, if your getting complements about how it looks, and it makes you feel good, you keep fkin doing it. Never mind these indecicive fashon freaks who set standards based on a persons apearance and not by who they are.

i myself hate muppets who buy designer labled, take hours doing their hair and the rince themselves in aftershave before they go out - its blatent turd pollishing. If your a bloke and you take more than 20 minutes to get ready after a shower, theres something wrong.

[url=https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/34958/35691.jpg[/url] Only with a blokes face :p

Advertisement