Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

meteor - push to talk?

• 13-11-2006 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

What happened to Meteor's plans to introduce Push-to-talk services?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Judging by the lack of pricing information, I do not think any Irish network offers push-to-talk. Out of interest, what is the point of the service? Seems to me like a step backwards, though I'd be interested to hear about its use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

PTT is a great service, and I'm waiting anxiously for it for a long time now. It's hugely popular in the states, and saves significant amount of money when short conversations are all that's needed. It's like text messaging, only easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

How does it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

ned78 wrote:
    PTT is a great service, and I'm waiting anxiously for it for a long time now. It's hugely popular in the states, and saves significant amount of money when short conversations are all that's needed. It's like text messaging, only easier.

Which is probably why we don't have it. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

Ciaran500 wrote:
    How does it work?

AFAIK it makes your phone work like a walkie-talkie.
    It uses GPRS/3G so you only pay for the data packets, not the duration of the call.

I'd guess one of the reasons it's not offered here is the load it would put on the radio part of the data networks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

manchine wrote:
    AFAIK it makes your phone work like a walkie-talkie.
    It uses GPRS/3G so you only pay for the data packets, not the duration of the call.

I'd guess one of the reasons it's not offered here is the load it would put on the radio part of the data networks.
    Roger that good buddy, 10-4 over and out :D

More info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_to_talk

Advertisement