Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Softener Company - Opinion

Options
  • 13-11-2006 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Folks,

Got a flyer from The Water Treatment Centre in the door today. Anybody used them or heard of them? We need and external softener and have had a hard time getting firm replies and quotes.

Also read the key post on water softening and was wondering why Pocari Sweat is banned and if his post is still reliable?

Thanks,

M.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I don't know why Pocari Sweets was banned, but i'm sure his post regarding water softeners is ok, but I would also presume he has some relation to the business which may give him a specific viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Wobs

Hi Morkin,

I used the Water Treatment Company. We had very high levels of iron, our water was orange and very hard water. They gave us a complete system to get rid of both and a filter for drinking water.

They were the only ones that were in any way helpful, they came out and did a test almost immediatley, and were reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Morkin

Thanks Wobs,

Do you mind me asking where and what type of system you got installed?

I've been quoted by Leo Ford in Dunshauglin as well and they use an aluminium casing on a Mistral system that keeps frost out without the need for a 'heater'.
    Anyone have experience of these?

Cheers,

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Wobs,

Also interested in details of your system. Have an iron problem, hard water and hydrogen sulfide but have been quoted 1.75k for a suitable softener. Can you tell me what it cost you?

Advertisement