Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crocs.What did we do to blinded by these hideous shoes?

• 13-11-2006 12:00pm

What is the fascination that women have with croc shoes?They look gammy,do not seem comfortable.They are made of plastic and come in extemely bright colours.My blood boils when I see someone in college wear them?How can people wear them?They are disgusting.

Is there something I am missing about them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Crocs have to be the most comfortable NEW shoes to wear on holidays EVER !!!!
    There the new FLIP FLOPS as they are made from a special rubber that moulds to ur feet and have a high durability.
    There the new IN thing.

www.crocs.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They're fecking awful looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Winnie001

Yes but the dunnes ones are really comfy for wearing around the house - only e8! Dont know how you could pay the full price for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

What is the fascination that women have with croc shoes?They look gammy,do not seem comfortable.They are made of plastic and come in extemely bright colours.My blood boils when I see someone in college wear them?How can people wear them?They are disgusting.

Is there something I am missing about them.

Why does what someone else chooses to wear on their feet make your blood boil? Do you not have anything else to worry about???

Anyway since I got my Crocs in August they have been the only thing I have worn. They are so comfy and light to wear. I usually suffer with all new shoes with blisters and the Crocs have not given me any. Would rather have my Crocs and be comfy and fresh than stuck in some manky old things. What other shoes can you bung in the sink and wash?

Here are some features of them

1.) Really soft, super comfortable, molds to your feet
    2.) Barely there, weighing only 6 ounces
    3.) Vented so air passes through, keeping feet cool
    4.) Non-marking slip-resistant soles
    5.) Bacteria and odor resistant
    6.) Ultra-hip Italian styling
    7.) Port holes allow water and sand to pass through
    8.) Can be sterilized in water and bleach
    9.) Easy maintenance, just wipe clean
    10.) Orthotic molded foot bed for ultimate comfort and support

You think they look uncomfortable? I suggest you try some on. As for the cheap copies I would steer clear of them as I doubt they have the same features as the proper ones and could make your feet sweat and be a bit smelly.

I totally reccommend the real ones to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭deise gal

you clearly don't realise how comfy they are !! they are like wearing slippers, they are the best thing i ave ever bought!!:D :D:D:D:D:D

But it is winter.Why are women still wearing them?They look anything but stylish.It's like ye let Boy George loose in your shoe closet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

They're vile. Regardless of how comfortable they are, whatever price you've paid for them, you've been robbed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've seen them on TV actually, but in shows like Grey's Anatomy while the doctors were wearing their scrubs. I just thought they were sacrificing style for comfort.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Nightwish wrote:
    They're vile. Regardless of how comfortable they are, whatever price you've paid for them, you've been robbed.

i'd pay more money for a really comfy pair of shoes before I'd pick a 'stylish' pair, but then I have testicles so I shop with good sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

this dude has an interesting take on them. (Warning 8 min Vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFGIEYvBVy0

PS, I dun likny....

Advertisement