Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footpath cost

Options
  • 13-11-2006 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone give me an estimate of the cost of a footpath around a house. It will be about 130m to be done. i got a quote of 9000 euros which I think is extortionate.

Lastbuilders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Around 90 euro a metre for concrete, the rest will be time spent shuttering and finishing the concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

€9000:eek: Feckin' hell. Is he gold plating it? Thats €70/M.

I would have thought about €3000 would have covered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sorry I should be clearer, 90 Euro for a m3 of concrete.
    Calculate the depth of the path x length x width and you should have a rough figure.
    9k does sound a bit steep unless your place is very rough and needs a lot of groundwork before the shuttering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

would you not consider doing it yourself? I'm currently finished the front.. need to do the rest. I got a load of 20 tonne of 1'' down as filler and 20 tonne of sand. I'll be doing various stuff other than paths so i got a large amount of both.. anyway each week or so i screed off another section and do it bit by bit.. not a mjor chore unless you attempt the whole lot in one go!

a lot cheaper also... even if you buy the mixer it still works out cheaper..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Cheiftan

CJhaughey wrote:
    Sorry I should be clearer, 90 Euro for a m3 of concrete.
    Calculate the depth of the path x length x width and you should have a rough figure.
    9k does sound a bit steep unless your place is very rough and needs a lot of groundwork before the shuttering.

Is there gold in that thar concrete???:p Seems a bit steep to me, usually would'nt pay any more than €60 - 65 /m3 for 35n20 , the €9k for 130 mtrs of footpath is robbery, unless like d bould CJ says theres a lot of ground works and making up levels/drainage/ shuttering etc etc
    Ask the cowboy what kind of finish is he gonna provide for €9k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

if your path is 130m long x 1m wide with 4 inchs of concrete on top of chippings or 2inch graded pencil
    you could get a 14 m3 truck load of ready mix 60 euro/m3 for
    866 euro for cement could get a tractor trailer of pencil for 25 euro 12 tonne approx use some timber planks for shuttering get help from a friend with a level
    who has worked with concrete before (its not rocket science) and save
    ...8000 euro:)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lastbuilders

Just wanted to let you know that I got a explanation for the high price. My father got the quotation from the contractor and he heard it wrong. It was suppose to be 900 euro labour.

Lastbuilders

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

:D Good price

Advertisement