Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HDMI connection not working

• 13-11-2006 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

I've had a Samsung LE32R41BD for almost a year. Recently bought a Pioneer 696 player.

This is the first thing I've connected through HDMI. Worked fine for a week or so. Tried to use the player yesterday, but when I switched the TV input to HDMI I got a blank green screen, alternating with static every few seconds.

Turned everything off, checked the connections, tried it again, same problem. Unplugged the HDMI and tried a SCART lead, worked fine.

I know it's probably not enough to go on, but wondering whether it's likely to be a dodgy cable or a dodgy HDMI connection on the DVD or the TV?Unfortunately I've no other HDMI source to test it with. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Could you try to play a CD in the DVD player and check if any sound is outout through the TV.

Most DVD players have autorun for CDs so you amy be able to test if the sound part of the cable is working.

Failing the above you really need to check with different cables and players to see where the fault lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,368 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I've heard of both bad cables and bad connections/electronics driving the signal.
    Wouldn't be able to tell you which it's more likely to be though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

For what its worth , I have a Sky HD box connected over HDMI and when the Skyhd box is off there is a green screen with static , turn the box on and all is OK , plug out the HDMI though and its a standard black screen with the HDMI logo in the corner , so it looks to me like the connection is OK but there is no signal output from the DVD !

By the way , I have a pioneer 595 ( I think ) earlier model than yours , no hdmi , but I do have it connected via component , now one thing I do remember about setting it up was that I had to delve into the menus and tell it to output on the component , it wasnt automatic !! Have a scout around the pioneers menus and check that it is set to output on the HDMI.

Advertisement