Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding And Netopia Router

Options
  • 13-11-2006 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am trying to stream security cameras on a netopia router (eircom) ive set up the port numbers and then forwarded them to that computer. ive also got a static IP setup. But when i input the ip address and the port number on the security software it doesnt work.

It does however work on the LAN.

Has anyone successfully been able to port forward over the net with an eircom router?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

inode wrote:
    Hi,
    I am trying to stream security cameras on a netopia router (eircom) ive set up the port numbers and then forwarded them to that computer. ive also got a static IP setup. But when i input the ip address and the port number on the security software it doesnt work.

It does however work on the LAN.

Has anyone successfully been able to port forward over the net with an eircom router?
    Yes. But you also have to set up firewall rules. Some people just disable the firewall altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

it is disabled altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

got it working now, just hadnt put in the settings to the dvr system on the server lol

Advertisement