Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GreenStar bins

Options
  • 13-11-2006 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Friends;

Is greenstar collecting the normal bins only one time per month?? Is this enough??

At what days they r collecting??

regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jabba90

They collect normal waste every tuesday bar 2 nd tuesday of month ( which is for recycling ). Then obvioulsy you pay based on number of collections of ur bin. ie 16-20 lifts for year is around 285 ...20-24 is 315...( not sure of exact fees )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Greenstar collect normal waste bins every Tuesday except for the second Tuesday of every month.

On every second Tuesday of the month the recycle bin is collected. This means you should put out your recycle bin tomorrow, Tuesday 14th November. NOTE: There is no normal waste collection when it is recycle bin day for Greenstar.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Last Tuesday I put out the normal bin but they did not collect it; so now I have to keep it until next week??!!; I do not know whey they did not collect it it was not overloaded!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

switch to Eurowaste - they collect every Tuesday and also collect recycling twice a month. And they're cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Yeah Eurowaste are much better value and service in my opinion. Haven't used Greenstar in over a year so don't know if they have improved since then but no complaints about Eurowaste.

• Advertisement

I have the half size bin with greenstar and put it out once a month (the odd month twice). If I were to go with Eurowaste they would provide me with a standard size bin and even though they are cheaper for the year, ithe bin would smell awful for the two months I'd have...large binds and two-bed townhouses don't go weel together in my opinion.

(I reckon Eoin and MikeDragon will lock this thread as there's been one before about this!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

astrofluff wrote:
    I have the half size bin with greenstar and put it out once a month (the odd month twice). If I were to go with Eurowaste they would provide me with a standard size bin and even though they are cheaper for the year, ithe bin would smell awful for the two months I'd have...large binds and two-bed townhouses don't go weel together in my opinion.

(I reckon Eoin and MikeDragon will lock this thread as there's been one before about this!)
    I'm in the same boat in terms of frequency for putting the bin out.

Won't lock the thread. It'll die on its own soon enough!

I should proof read my posts....and before you say so, yes I know you can edit them!

Advertisement