Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens Jeans - With A Proper Boot Cut

• 13-11-2006 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hey, I likee my jeans to have a proper bootcut, and I like em to cover as much of my shoe/runner as possible.

GStar used to do a deadly pair, but have stopped. Jack & Jones did too, but also stopped. Can anyone point me in the direction of what I'm looking for?

I'm not looking for baggies now, just normal jeans. I dunno if you'd say that they have a flared leg - cos both pairs I've had specifically said 'BootCut', but they seem flared compared to what'd available now :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

whats d diff between flares and b/c ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Hmmm.. having googled images I guess there is fook all difference between em.

The image I had in my head for 'flared' would be the Sloppy Joe type pants, where they just look huge all the way down.

Ok, so flared jeans would be good too :D

thanks Abe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I always thought flares just meant more extreme contrast between the narrow part and the wide part with the flared bit breaking out from below the knee. BC is just a gentle widening out above the foot.

Have you tried D2 connundrum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

whats d diff between flares and b/c ???
    flares leg opening size is bigger near the end of the jeans to cover your shoes.

bootcut jeans stay the same leg opening size all the way up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Blend jeans are great, and I heartily recommend the flared versions. I have five pairs of them at this stage, very very nice jeans and between 10 and 20 euro cheaper than wrangler/levi's generally, while still being a better fit most of the time and really nice soft denim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dutz

topman / river island have nice pairs of bootcut jeans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

The GAP store in Arnotts isn't too bad for bootcut.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah its flared jeans your looking for. Kinda hard to find in my experience but Topman do them and cheap too. Nice basic jeans, minus all the little rips/tears, other crap that River Island feel is worth an extra 30 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Connundrum, flares are what the beegees wore, if that gives you an idea of them. They certainly do cover almost, if not your entire shoe but in this day and age, guys with flares look a bit...erm...silly.

For proper bootcut jeans, I've always found Diesel to be the best. Jack Jones used to do some real nice ones, but for some reason they've stopped!

True Religion have done some really nice bootcut jeans in the past, I haven't had a look at what they have out now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

I personally hate tight jeans that sit at the top of runners/shoes etc...YUK

J&J do some really nice ones (cheap too) and really long. got me a 36 leg there :eek:

sonetti's range of 'flare' jeans are brill...they are really bootcut and well made.

Gas also do good bootcut.

stay away from topman/burton..Horrible horrible fitting jeans.

my 32"....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Wisesmurf wrote:
    Gas also do good bootcut.

This is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Firetrap jeans for me have the best fit and cut.I must have about 5 pairs of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Rebel_City

I love Diesel Zathans - you can get them in BT2 on Grafton st and in Arrnotts. They're about €150 to €195 but if you wear jeans all the time like I do, it's a good investment! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

connundrum wrote:
    Hey, I likee my jeans to have a proper bootcut, and I like em to cover as much of my shoe/runner as possible.

GStar used to do a deadly pair, but have stopped. Jack & Jones did too, but also stopped. Can anyone point me in the direction of what I'm looking for?

I'm not looking for baggies now, just normal jeans. I dunno if you'd say that they have a flared leg - cos both pairs I've had specifically said 'BootCut', but they seem flared compared to what'd available now :(
    hairy legs at the top of henry street down liffy street i think!
    they do proper boot cut jeans and cords!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Nobody has mentioned Unique. Can't really remember but I THINK there was an ad recently advertising nice bootcut jeans for 20euro!!!! have a looik anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

tintinr35 wrote:

They are exactly what you are looking for OP, I get all my strides there and they are not "Bee Gee" but they do cover up you shoe/trainer/boot/whatever down to where yer toes start. They 55 quid too which is really good.

Unfortunitly, the one here in Galway is closing down, I dunno what I'm gonna do!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

tintinr35 wrote:
    :D LOL at Unique:eek:

**** sake man, get with the times:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

padi89 wrote:
    Firetrap jeans for me have the best fit and cut.I must have about 5 pairs of them.

I have some Firetrap combats, deadly stuff altogether, but tell me something, where can I find Firetrap jeans? Been looking for a while and the places I picked up the 'bats ain't stocking the jeans??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RiveGauche2006

MojoMaker wrote:
    I have some Firetrap combats, deadly stuff altogether, but tell me something, where can I find Firetrap jeans? Been looking for a while and the places I picked up the 'bats ain't stocking the jeans??

I live in the u.s. and have hardest time trying to find decent bootcut jeans, i love fossil jeans they had good bootcut jeans but they stopped, i saw the firetrap jeans but they don't seem to be available in the u.s.? i'm tall and have big feet so boot cut jeans are a MUST plus i'm knock kneed and the bootcut/flared leg jean camoflauges them, any good ideas for the u.s. market? i go to www.buckle.com and lucky.com but i want something with a 22" leg opening or wider? thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 RiveGauche2006

connundrum wrote:

so how did your search go?? were you able to find some jeans that fit your criteria??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

tintinr35 wrote:
    I used to buy my cords there but I thought the place closed down... the last time I was there they were having a closing down sale :confused:

Advertisement