Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for retailers/recommendations of mini Towers

Options
  • 13-11-2006 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok, first let me say i'm NOT looking for a shuttle or barebones case. I have all the innards for a PC, but I want the case to be as small as possible. I have a mATX (aka uATX) mobo, and I only need space for 2xHDDs and 1xOptical drive. I need a case that ONLY supports mATX, thus eliminating the extra space needed for ATX mobos. Also, this will be used as mainly a HTPC so it will not need amazing ventilation. I can't seem to find many retailers in europe that sell what i'm looking for.

OcUK has THIS one by LianLi, which looks pretty good. But i like to have a shortlist of possibilities before I jump into anything. So any recommendations on cases or places to get mini tower cases would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Silverstone SG-01
    mATX
    dual 5.25 bays
    space for two hard drives
    No custom parts takes stock ATX PSU

Coincidently it is what I use for my HTPC :cool:

The only place I know of that sells them now are Kustom PC's, OcUK used to but have severely cut back on the Silverstone products they carry.

Pixmania the other big Silverstone seller stocks almost everything but the SG01.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Antec Aria.. but no one stocks em over here afaik

I'm using an Antec P150.. midi tower case. Its nice n simple n super silent, HD mounts r ingenius.. they suspend on rubber bands..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Tnx 8T8... do you work for silverstone? ;)

tnx also rosco but i'm looking for a smaller case, the dimensions of the SG01 and the PC-V300 are about what i'm looking for (26cm W x 21cm H x 39cm D or less)

I think most people who want sff go shuttle or barebones, there doesn't seem to be a lot of cases out there with the kind of size that i'm interested in. If I had the right tools i'd make it myself, I can invisage exactly what i'm looking for but can't find it anywhere. For now the SG01 seems the best bet. Its not as wide or high as the V300, and the extra depth is negligible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Thats a lovely looking case. I sont like the silverstone at all. Looks spammy and gay. But im sure others will like it.

anti wrote:
    Thats a lovely looking case. I sont like the silverstone at all. Looks spammy and gay. But im sure others will like it.

Which one? The Aria or the Lianli one?

Also, rosco, that guy is only shipping to england. His item doesn't even come up when I do a search on ebay.ie. I suppose anti could post it to me for free :D

They nearly always post to Ireland... Bought loads of stuff from auctions like that, although the last guy tried to charge me €30 to post a phone...

Just had a look on OCuk. Is the Aria not this one? They seem to have changed its name, or is a completely different case?

I'll probably get one new if I am going to get one, purely because this is for my parents and they are picky. Any scrapes or dents and they'll have me sending it back :mad: Last time I do them a favour :rolleyes:

The Aria (NSK1300?) looks pretty good also. It goes on the shortlist :D

• Advertisement

dammit... another case to consider.

However, I think i'm going to go for the NSK1300, it's smaller than the SG01E, and looks a helluvalot better. Plus from reviews, the space utilisation inside is amazing :eek: even down to the custom PSU. How they got it all into such a small box is mind boggling... and to boot... its also silent. I'm sold :D

212503.jpg

Advertisement