Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwed over by ex-landlord and deposit avoidance HELP!

Options
  • 13-11-2006 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I used to rent a premises in Dublin for small business from a Dublin guy and have since moved to Malta. He issued me with return deposit of €2500 before I left as an agreed amount out of deposit owing. This bounced big time and all my contact with this guy is via his mobile which is costing me loads and for 3 months now he has been promising to put the money in the bank and that oh hes around the corner and blah blah or that he is out of country etc.

I used to do loads of business etc with this guy but now seem to think that as i am not in the country and that he can fob me off.
    My problem is what do i do? It costs too much to go through court considering that i would have to fly to dubs etc.
    Does anybody know of a legal advise organisation etc that could help me put the squeeze on this guy? If so i would appreciate it no end

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

www.threshold.ie

They might be able to advise you on what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Do you not have any connections left in Dublin that could collect it for you?

I think Threshold are only for residential issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 georgiegray

thanks for the threshold advise i will follow up on that even if it is for residential i am sure that even under these circumstances they dont enjoy landlords doing the screw.
    Contacts back in dublin seem to have taken the idea to move as well, must be the rain.
    Now he has his employees saying that he has gone to Poland as an excuse for him not answering the phone.
    Anyone know capel st Dublin 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think get yourself a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

If can collect it for you - my friend and I run a debt collection service. Pm for details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

kmick wrote:
    If can collect it for you - my friend and I run a debt collection service. Pm for details
    Got baseball bats and balaclavas, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

HELP! Screwed by ex-landlord ( Now that's another senario)

Bur seriously, is it a case of can't pay or won't pay?

Can't pay its hard to do anything about it and if its won't pay then its time to get a solicitor after him:mad:

Advertisement