Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon 01 Spare Wheel

Options
  • 13-11-2006 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Igot a flat on my leon over the weekend. I went to change it yesterday at home. Got my Alloy off but when I went to put the spare on which is a normal tyre it would not fit.

Problem is all the holes match up fine but when I go to put the bolts on only 1 or 2 will go on the other ones than do not reach in. Its like the bolts are too small.

Also when I put the Alloy on it fits over a little rim than screws in the spare tyre is not like this at all. The spare has never been used before so maybe it is the wrong type

Any one got a idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

There may have been a longer set of bolts supplied with the spare. These could have been lost over the years.

My brothers car has a different set of bolts for the spare (steel wheel) than for the standard alloys. i don't know if they are different lengths or not but they are definitely meant for using with the spare

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's normal enough for different bolts to be used with different wheels (alloy vs steel). As BrianD3 says, they should have been supplied with the spare. Have you checked the boot thoroughly?

If you don't have the correct bolts then you're probably going to have to visit the Seat dealer to get the correct ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Any one know where I would purchase such an item on the north side I live in skerries and the Seat Garage I used is in Dun Loaghire dont really want to drive over to that side of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Tom Walsh Motors in Baldoyle are Seat dealers, afaik.

Advertisement