Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career guidance in Galway

Options
  • 13-11-2006 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a career guidance councillor in Galway? I can't use the college where I graduated (GMIT) because the councillor there is on sick leave and they won't have a replacement till christmas.

I've heard of Marie Barrett in Loughrea but haven't heard anything about her. I want to change career completely!

Regards,
    Merlin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from Mature & Non-Traditional Students, with redirect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

merlin_bar wrote:
    I've heard of Marie Barrett in Loughrea but haven't heard anything about her.

I have seen a report she did for a teenager and for which she charged a LOT and I mean a LOT . I thought the actual content of this report was like quack medicine TBH :( .

If there is no professional barrier to entry such as social work qualification BEFORE you do social work then just start at the bottom like everyone else and work up on experience and enthusiasm and dedication.

Find a message board somewhere on this new career and ENGAGE !

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

The only thing is that I don't know what I want to get in to. I just know that it's not what I'm qualified in at the moment. If anyone knows of anywhere that I can get career advice as well as aptitude and personality tests, I'd be grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

well i know we did all them aptitude tests in career guidence in school but they came from the internet and this was the best one we did, you have to pay for it but I dont think its much. http://www.personalitypage.com/home.html
    I have only heard of herself in Loughrea and that she charges alot but other than that I don't know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

I went to her waste of time imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

My friend went to one in Foster St and said it was rubbish plus it costed a bomb!!! You just need to work out what your likes and interests are, what your good at, what kind of people you like working with etc. and youl be sorted, ur the only person who can decied what you want to do and not some body whos knows you for an hour or two..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Old thread = locked thread.....:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement