Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert study

Options
  • 13-11-2006 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Just wondering how much study your doing a night, I'm averaging about two and a half and three on a good night, is that about the average that everyones doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just wondering how much study your doing a night, I'm averaging about two and a half and three on a good night, is that about the average that everyones doing?

Is that Study or Homework?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Im doing about an hours homework:D :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭snapjiggyfluff

combination of the two, I'm generally do less than an hours homework and then study

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

It really depends what kind of points you're looking for :rolleyes:

Personally, I didn't start till the end of April/Beginning of May (and that's not exaggeration or false modesty, our mocks weren't until Easter which was very late that year and I only scraped about 280/290 in them) and I ended up getting 445 without going at it with more than a casual interest upu until the exam - that said, I might have done an hour or two a week on both Irish and French just to keep it in my head besides my homework and I had reasonably competent teachers.

I think languages are probably what you have to watch out for more than say... Geography or Music which are more crammable.

THE LEAVING CERTIFICATE IS NOT AS HARD AS YOU THINK. Just don't start stressing about it people, keeping a level head in the month or so coming up to it will net you more points then you could ever achieve by studying intensively before christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

i miss 6th year...seriously guys, it's not hard. Don't kill yourself studying coz at the end of the day you'll end up burnt out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im doing about an hours homework

Great minds think alike;). Ah, I do a small bit of study each day, about half hour to an hour. Teachers know I could get about 480 if I tried, Im going for Arts, about 380 max., so its kinda lethal for me to know I can relax a bit more. Its very handy though on the other hand. I know I'll get it in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Go to study after school if your school does it, its great.

6th Year is great fun, all the lads in my flat agree with me as it was the best craic. Make sure ye have fun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I do two hours after school, in school. Only €180 per term! I usually do most of my homework and a little study. A fair few exam questions at this stage forcing me to revise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

ethernet wrote:
    I do two hours after school, in school. Only €180 per term! I usually do most of my homework and a little study. A fair few exam questions at this stage forcing me to revise.

o_O I thought my friend's school charging €80 a term was bad!

Advertisement