Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advanced Driving Courses

Options
  • 13-11-2006 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Hi All

The parents have asked what I want for Christmas and I was thinking of an advanced driving course to bring the insurance costs down. I know that IAM do a test but is there anywhere I can actually get tuition in the Limerick area.

IAM seem a bit UK oriented/based for my liking. Any organisation that size with such a poor website is also unimpressive. Plus they seem to be in bed with Hibernian which I don't like.

Anyhow Colm, Junkyard, Bazz??? anywhere in Munster really!!

Also to see if it's actually within the cost limit, how much would it cost for the average course?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

did you contact the IAM in kilkenny? They should have a list of people in your area that can get you sorted out.

http://www.irishadvancedmotorists.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

They were the ones I was talking about. Are they any good as courses go??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

ninty9er wrote:
    They were the ones I was talking about. Are they any good as courses go??

Are RoSPA car tests available here?

I did the RoSPA Bike test instead of the IAM one because the RoSPA one is recognised worldwide and the IAM one isn't.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi
    Are RoSPA car tests available here?

Yes. Can book via the web site.
    Plus they seem to be in bed with Hibernian which I don't like.

Me neither. And from next year, even more so, Hibernian are going to open up a nationwide Driving School

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

Just get the price of the course off your folks and put it towards your insurance!! :)

Guaranteed savings and no worries about doing bad on the course...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I would but the course is likely to have an effect for more than 1 year's premium, and I have about half the premium saved anyway and it's not due till march

Advertisement