Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Overhead light

Options
  • 13-11-2006 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Quick query for ye; my overhead light isn't working, I've changed the bulb and checked the fuse and everything seems fine but still not working. With the dark evenings it's a bit of a nuisance. A few weeks back the bulb would work fine and then nothing, if I fidgeted with it twud come back on but go again soon after (not blown though).

Any takers? it's a Starlet btw.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

IIRC, you need to take the light unit out and bend the metal contacts outwards so that the switch hits off them.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Assuming you have the switch set to on when door open, it may be the contacts when you close the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Given it worked after a bit of fidgeting, it's most likely the contacts that colm mentioned.

Advertisement