Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cost of cosmetic repair?

Options
  • 13-11-2006 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

hey folks,

need a ballpark figure to repair some cosmetic damge to a saloon (alfa 156).

respray two body panels, front and rear bumber. rear bumper would need a full prime and respray (needs to be replaced), where the remaining work is just to repair some scratches in the paintwork and may not need the whole panel done.

any ideas of cost? a general ballpark figure is all i'm looking for.

cheers,
    SOP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Can you be more specific about the repair? Are the two panels your talking about the bumpers or two panels on the car and are you repairing the bumper or replacing it and what bodywork needs to be done and what kind of scratches are on it and what colour is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

hey junkyard,

The panels are car panels. There are two (the front left and rear right ) that have some scratches. The scratches seem to be from bushes. Some are light swirls, while a couple are deep scratches through the paintwork into metal.

The rear bumber needs replacement. It will either be a new bumber from alfa or one sourced in a breakers yard.

The front bumber is similar to panels, it needs some deep scratches taken out.

Unfortunately, I can't provide photo's, i didn't have a camera when i looked at the car for a friend who is considering buying it.

SOP

EDIT: meant to say .. it's a red car. Would that matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'd say about 550 to 650 plus vat should cover it from what your describing.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

cheers junkyard, much apprerciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

the guy i would use myself is a premium guy with all the gear and expertise. for paint without repairs he charges €120 per panel and €260 for a bumper you'd be surprised what can be done with bumpers. my panel beater says he always removes bumpers to paint them. if he has to "flash" the paint to the doors, that's an extra panel per flash.
    this should be 2x€120 +€260+possible flashing+bumper.
    red can be dodgy, if the car hasn't been cared for or if it's a little older, there's a good chance he'll be flashing the doors.
    if he's a fanatic who wants it done right. if he just wants a respectable job, he can probably use someone cheaper and tell them economise where possible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement