Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Phone Bargain Thread?

• 13-11-2006 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Should one be started somewhere to point out offers for Christmas.

e.g. Vodafone's €120 credit deals. Or the 6230i on Speakeasy for €129 (on o2's website.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Vodafone don't know their arses from their elbows.
    They have a new brochure in the shops today with offers from 13th. November (today) to 14th. January. In the brochure they have the SE K800 and SE V630. Neither of these phones are available in the shops or on their website.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Three are supposed to be rolling out some deals for christmas shortly or so they say, down point is they can't unlock any Nokia phones at the moment,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Vodafone don't know their arses from their elbows.
    They have a new brochure in the shops today with offers from 13th. November (today) to 14th. January. In the brochure they have the SE K800 and SE V630. Neither of these phones are available in the shops or on their website.

Well, if they have them in time for Christmas......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

anyone know anything about the 120 euro free credit offer on vodafone??
    Is it only on certain phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Yep seems to be the Nokia 7360 (2 colours) only - http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055015268

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

http://www.vodafone.ie/phonestariffs/ourphones/phonedetails.jsp?mysterons=7360A&type=all

€79 euro ain't bad. Can't think of many mothers/daugthers/wives/fluffs or sisters who wouldn't like that phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

bronte wrote:
    anyone know anything about the 120 euro free credit offer on vodafone??
    Is it only on certain phones?

According to their Christmas brochure there is "€120 FREE call credit with EVERY prepay phone... new or upgraded"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

Make sure to look thoroughly through the T & C's of that offer. Vodafone have a reputation for not being as forthcoming with intricate details of their offers as they should be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

O2 Nokia 6233 (Black) €169 + €90 free call credit = €79
    Vodafone Nokia 6234 (Silver) €89 + €120 free call credit = -€31

What one would you go for ? :D

• Advertisement

BreadBoard wrote:

O2! I'd rather pay the extra money in order to keep well away from Vodafone! :D

lol...

This is what you do then; Buy it on Vodafone keep the credit and sell the phone on eBay then with that money buy the O2 one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Make sure to look thoroughly through the T & C's of that offer. Vodafone have a reputation for not being as forthcoming with intricate details of their offers as they should be :)

One example..

One example? I can give more than one.

The "Unlimited Vodafone to Vodafone Free Calls for Life" offier is NOT "unlimited". One cannot "make as many calls as you like, whenever you like" as their website advertises in association with that offer. There is in fact a 4000 minute HIDDEN clause that limits this offer (i.e hidden as in it is NOT noted ANYWHERE in contracts or other terms and conditions). Thus, not unlimited and as such, falsely advertised.

The second example would be Vodafone's old "Call A Friend For Free". It was NOT free as similar to above there was a HIDDEN cap in place.

The third example would be Vodafone's "Unlimited Data Bundle" that had a limit of 5GB, thus NOT unlimited. Once again, this was not stated in the contract nor terms and conditions.

All of the above were not advised to customer's on connection etc .,. and should one call Vodafone customer care, the reps wouldn't even be able to inform you of the above, even though it is in effect.

I hope that is more than adequate. Nevertheless, the point I was making in relation to this thread was, I'd rather spend more money on an O2 handset and relevant service in order to avail of a bargain as at least I know what I am buying into. Vodafone on the other hand ... well, read above :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ns06

I'd go with O2 also. Their handsets aren't as heavily branded as Vodafone and at least when you're looking for assistance they don't mislead you and advise you incorrectly.

ns06 wrote:
    I'd go with O2 also. Their handsets aren't as heavily branded as Vodafone and at least when you're looking for assistance they don't mislead you and advise you incorrectly.

.. mislead you and advise you incorrectly ... ON PURPOSE, I might add!

Okay okay, that's enough Vodafone bashing from me for one day lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

BreadBoard wrote:

if that 6234 was 89,id go buy one immediately.

its 189 euros btw, and the price online went to match the store price, that is, 199 euros now.

so basically its €199 + €120 euro credit = €79. exactly what o2 is offering.

(id rather get the 6233 than the 6234 as it looks much better).

is the 6233 locked to o2?anybody tried it?

Spipov wrote:
    if that 6234 was 89,id go buy one immediately.

its 189 euros btw, and the price online went to match the store price, that is, 199 euros now.

so basically its €199 + €120 euro credit = €79. exactly what o2 is offering.

No your wrong it's €89 when you buy it online. Did you not see this?;

44q05ll.jpg

BreadBoard wrote:
    No your wrong it's €89 when you buy it online. Did you not see this?;

i fail to see where it says 6234 for €89?i can only see the 7360 at €89.

33z8d3l.jpg

My mistake :o I got the two phones mixed up. Phones on the brain I am, sorry.

• Advertisement

no no, thats ok, its just i wanted to make really sure i didnt miss anything, coz i really wanted one of them, but since i hadnt seen the 6233 come out for some time,i went out and splashed on a jamin which im waiting to be delivered :D - so if it was 89 euros - id actually find a way and kick myself you know where!

Advertisement